360 stock intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
Contact seller
Evening, I was looking to get a stock 360 intake that would have offset thermostat outlet and have the room for where the a/c compressor bolts on. Let me know if you have one or know of someone that has one. Thanks.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
If you are not looking specifically for a stock intake, you may want to look at an Edelbrock Performer. I think they come in 360 port sizes (should not be a huge performance hit if they are 318 sized ports, and you can port match if you want to), and they have the right mounting positions for the A/C. They are however, 4 Barrel only. They are also aluminum.

This is the standard Performer, not the Performer RPM or Performer RPM Air-Gap.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I have one on the shelf. Casting date 8-17-78, small offset stat, rear AC boss, all threads good and overall nice shape. It has both the water neck and an EGR blockoff. I'd sell it for $65, but be forewarned, shipping could be a tad pricey. It's not light.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I've got one..either from a 340 or 360. But, I'm in Ohio and shipping would be a bear

brotherGood

Reaction score
0324162208_zpswo6ysnra.jpg

0324162210_zpsedohyc4b.jpg

Here is the only "damage" I could see. This had happened a while ago..it was in the bench and I slid it back not realizing there was a nail sticking up and it caught when I went to pick it up. I'm sure it could be put back into place

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
unfortunately that intake wont work. only for the fact that the thermostat outlet is directly in the center. Other than that it would've been perfect.
--- Post updated ---
Is that just a windege tray on the bottom?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a heat shield.
You generally can take a pair of vice grips and unscrew those nails/brads/rivets (counter-clockwise) and clean carbon deposits out from underneath it, straighten the plate, then hammer those nails/brads/rivets back in place.

the exhaust crossover the shield covers, can cause splashed engine oil to turn into “burnt oil” deposits (or whatever you want to call it).
If you block off the exhaust crossover, then it doesn’t matter if that plate is in place or not.

If the car that intake is going on has no A/C or if it has A/C and using the RV2 A/C (Iron) compressor - that intake will fit without any problems.

If the intake is going onto a car with the C171 A/C (Aluminum) compressor - then it will not fit. I think this is going onto your '83 J with Lean Burn, then no, If won't quite fit (and would be missing a few sensor holes, as well).

BudW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back