4-speed conversion

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
So I bought a '76 Aspen wagon for $300. Slant 6, AC, "Super Six," and an OD 4-speed. My buddy is taking the slant, the heater box and controls are going to a museum's resto of a 360 Aspen cop car, and everything else I am stripping off. Started eye-balling the OD because I think it would be fun to have a manual tranny and OD in my Gran Fury. Except for the floor-shift tilt column, I have everything at my disposal to make the car look like a factory job...what do you think? Also, anybody have a tilt, floor-shift column they want to get rid of in the near future?:icon_super:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Be carefull. I bought one and it came with the key- great deal, until it was determined unrepairable. Apparently some of the tilt wheel columns are crappy. I do have a spare non-tilt / floor shift red in color column with a key. PM me if you are interested and want to talk price- there is a eeebay one (green with a steering wheel for 200 OBO). This is just hanging on the wall in the garage right now and I personally pulled it from an Aspen last year and it was a running car- so it wasn't sitting outdoors. I can do better than the eeebay.... just need to figure what is the better way to ship?

efriedrich

Reaction score
Sounds cool, please start a thread and take some pictures if you do it.

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
I worked 0225-1515 on Saturday and then spent a good deal of Sunday taking the Aspen apart at a buddy's shop. I'm going up on Wednesday to help get the powertrain out, will get some pictures (if I remember). The Aspen slid off the road in '92 or '93 and had sat around since then. They did get a new gas tank for it, but I think once they really looked at it, they knew it was 'done for.' The tank is crushed, the trailer hitch ripped away, the floor pan is wavy (especially the driver's floor board), the fenders are pushed back and dented to the point the doors don't open right, and the grill/bumper area is tweaked.

slant6billy

Reaction score
100_1440.jpg
100_1441.jpg
100_1442.jpg
looks like there was one little boo boo with the blue clip connectors.

100_1440.jpg

100_1441.jpg

100_1442.jpg

Back