WANTED 4bbl intake shift linkage & kickdown linkage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Contact seller
Wanting to buy a stock 4 barrel quadra-jet intake manifold & 4 barrel kickdown too ! I also need the entire shifting linkage & swivels brackets for a '80 Mirada . Thinking that " M " body parts would work too .

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
M-body shifter linkage will work – IF all column shift components (I’m assuming it is column) are replaced/aquired (I believe there are some minor differences in the years, from ’76 to 89 – with two exceptions:
- The bracket on transmission (Z-bar) is different between 727 and 904/998/999.
- Also the rubber bushings/grommet (push/pop in), between column to Z-bar is to be replaced anytime they are disconnected. Part number 3575333 $5.20 each (US) from Dodge (I found a lot on eBay, using part number TO-41). There should be 3 or 4 of these, depending on year built.
Looks something like this:
3575333 bushing.jpg

There is also a pair of Z-bar to frame/bell housing bracket that looks different.
New ones are not needed, per se, but helps with excessive slop.
Part number 2781420 (no longer available from Dodge) – superseded to 3575434 $2.45 each (US) from Dodge. Should be two of each on older FMJ’s or one (transmission side) on newer ones, with part number 5211845 on frame side, $6.70 (US) from Dodge.- which I “think” is closed ended version of part number 3575434.
I couldn’t find any decent part pictures of 2781420, 3575434 or 5211845. These bushing are about 1” outer diameter and 3/8” inner diameter (approximate – going by memory).

The pop in place bushings (above) are about ½” outer diameter and ¼” inner diameter (again, approximate – going by memory).
The pop in place bushings is said to replace each and every time the rod is disengaged from bushings. I have reused these several times – but I have also had these bushings crumble on me, as well.

As to the original question, the linkage has had some changes over the years. If you change all components from one donor car, then you should be fine.
77 Linkage.JPG

From my '77 parts book.
84 Linkage.JPG

From my '84 parts book.

I don’t know enough about console shifted cars to speak much about them.

It might be easier to purchase a kickdown cable setup than to find a complete (and correct) small block kickdown linkage setup.
BudW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back