6 cylinder Console Shifter vs. V-8 Column Shifter for Miradas

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Hi,

I may be getting a Mirada parts car to help get my own Mirada up and running. A major reason for getting the 6 Cylinder parts car is the interior; it is a bucket seat car with console vs. a 60/40 split bench like my car is. My car is a column shift. I would like to know if the console/shifter/shift linkage from the 6 cylinder can be moved over to my V-8 Mirada. Both cars have A904 automatics, but aside from the bolt pattern on the bell housing, I don't know if there are any other differences between the A904s on the two cars. Does anybody know?

Kostas

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I would assume it would bolt right up
I know there is one hole you will have to cut out of your floor, but it is stamped there

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I would assume it would bolt right up
I know there is one hole you will have to cut out of your floor, but it is stamped there

I'll second that. You'll also need to weld the brackets to the floor pan that hold the console in place. Remember, when removing the shifter, there is a small hole under the front of the knob. Push a small allen or drill bit up to pop out the button. Under that is a retainer ring that you push down slightly and turn to release the black knob. You'll also want to change the pass. seat belt buckle that bolts to the floor.....they're different from bench to bucket. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back