6 Speed transmissions insight

slant6billy

Reaction score
My direction to go with a clutchflite might get into a money arena that would compare to a 6 speed conversion. I've seen the pictures on the web of the tremec and the Richmond 6 speed for A bodies. Has anyone put a 5 speed or 6 speed into an F, M, or J? I've already seen a decent hydrolic clutch set up and figure my clutch pedal from the crushed R/T Aspen are the major obstacles already out of the way. I figure the tunnel might need some chopping, so not having the 4speed hump is not an issue. Any help or direction on this?

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Off topic, but do you have any pics of your volare? Looks like the one my father had when I was a kid

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. As for more of the Volare pics- I assume (@ Mr Lopar) you mean with the brown caramel paint job and opra window half vinyl top. I wish I did have my pictures. My almost wife (missed that bullet) from the early 90s kept alot of the pics when I ran like hell to get away from her. I had a few left and some negatives, but my flavor of women did not change too much...... the next chick I lived with in the late 90s got a little psycho and burned a lot of my stuff................... including pictures. I can say there are quite a few parts of that brown 76 Volare in my 79 f body. Now as for a document folder containing pics, my daughter has a good collection of the current build. I'll be posting some more, but check out some video posted by slant6billy on Youtube

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Was hoping you got some pics of the flat black one. when I was lil (till I was about 5) my dad had a flat black volare with the quarter window louvers, spoilers and a hood scoop

slant6billy

Reaction score
Other shots
100_1444.jpg
100_1448.jpg
I don't remember if I posted them or not from October of this year at the toys for tots carshow

100_1444.jpg

100_1448.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Back to original thread and A body info on the 6 speed: The T56 Magnum and T56 Viper are not the same trans from what I read. Sounded like the T56 Magnum is for a ford Mustang?. One thing I liked was the use of the top load shifter vice the "made for mopar" side mount shifter linkage. The main advantage for a tremec trans is the ability to move the shifter mount (it spins 180 degrees) at those 6 plate bolts. The downside is the floor brace comes into that area of a forward most position of the shifter. I'll get under my car and see where the floor can be cut. If the brace can be moved or avoided in an F body, that would be the best. My hope is to be able to use the center console from my auto floor shift. Plus, that would hide my floor mods.

Back