WANTED $75. paid for this 1969 dodge sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.

odcics2

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking to buy one NOS 1969 dodge sticker like this.
Must be original, not reproduction.
Check your stash of vintage stickers. Ask your buddies!
PM please. Thanks!
WANTED - Dodge sticker like this one.JPG

4speedjim

Reaction score
That doesn't look like a Chrysler script I can remember. About what year(s) is this from? Where would this sticker have been used? Like a trunk lid from what?? And I'm sure you have your reasons, but whats wrong with a new better quality longer lasting repop while continuing your search for an old original?

odcics2

Reaction score
That doesn't look like a Chrysler script I can remember. About what year(s) is this from? Where would this sticker have been used? Like a trunk lid from what?? And I'm sure you have your reasons, but whats wrong with a new better quality longer lasting repop while continuing your search for an old original?

From 1968, 1969 era. Look at old ads, you will see it.
Part of Dodge Fever ads! Never ON a car, just a hand out.
I have nothing repop on my car, so I need original only.

4speedjim

Reaction score
It sounds rarer than hens teeth. And to find a good usable one after nearly 50 years? Sounds like you got your work cut out for you. What else do you have on the sticker? Where did these originate? Was this a dealer promotion or Dodge Corp ad dept, parts promo, something they put in car craft or hot rod? Something they passed out at Darlington or Pocono? Many things with Mopar, and maybe the others where regional promotions. Today, rebates, equip. pkg, financing are done in regions to help move slow product. Not that the decal is equivalent but where and how it was offered might not have been a national or Corp campaign, making it even harder to find. We owned a Chrysler dealership during the time frame you gave for the decal.

odcics2

Reaction score
Seen the sticker on various Dodge race cars in 68 - 69 and 70.

I found 4 NOS dark Goodyears 3 weeks ago. 9.5"wide and very usable! Gave $25. for the set. Looked for years - and found them. I WILL find the Dodge sticker! :cool:
pete hamilton charger 500 (2).jpg
NOS dark goodyear stickers 001 (2).jpg

4speedjim

Reaction score
Id never believed it if I didn't see it! Chase down some of the old racers. Petty or any of them old 1/4 mile Mopar sponsored racers shops. Theyre very accessible in these modern times through email. I'll bet if they don't have them, they can put you the right trail... Good luck, I hope this helps!

odcics2

Reaction score
Petty ran a Ford in 69 and a Plymouth in 70, so he wouldn't have had any. Have tried others in the past already.
Hoping that a guy that had collected stuff over the years sees my want ads... I just need one.
Let me know when you find one for me! $75. your way...

odcics2

Reaction score
lol, I never do any breath holding!
Makes it harder to find elusive rarities.

volare 77

Reaction score
Being that rare and unless the seller has no clue. I think $75 for it is a dream. Much rarer then goodyears stickers imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back