76 Aspen R/T

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
I don't have a thread on here for the restoration of my car so I figured I would start one and let you all know what's goin on with it as it is a never ending project.

This is what it looked like after a toooon of metal work and new sheetmetal. This car has been in my family since 1981 but it was pretty rough by the time I got it so I had to pretty much build it from the ground. The only sheetmetal that is original to the car is the roof , floor and quarters, everything else needed replaced.
bare.JPG

These are a few shots after it's first prime..
untitleddhdfgh.JPG

1prime.JPG

2nd prime:
2prime2.JPG

2prime3.JPG

2prime.JPG

bare.JPG

untitleddhdfgh.JPG

1prime.JPG

2prime2.JPG

2prime3.JPG

2prime.JPG

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Paint day...

1day2.JPG

1day3.JPG

1day4.JPG

Assembly and stripes etc...I didn't have a garage at the time so I started putting this car together outside...
getnthere1.JPG

getnthere2.JPG

getnthere4.JPG

1day3.JPG

1day2.JPG

1day4.JPG

getnthere1.JPG

getnthere2.JPG

getnthere4.JPG

w7smallblock

Reaction score
Where did ya get the stripes from? That is the stripe color I'm looking for. BTW your car is very nice.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Where did ya get the stripes from? That is the stripe color I'm looking for. BTW your car is very nice.

Well the stripes are NOS ones I got lucky on, they were still sealed in the box from 1976! I had to make the spoiler stripe and quarter-end stripes myself because they never did make a superpak car with these stripes. My car is an A57 R/T but it did not come originally with the Superpak stuff, I added all that. Phoenix graphix wouldn't make me a set in the right colors so I thought I was gonna hafta run the incorrect red/orange on the car until I ran across these!

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Good job. What radiator did you end up using?

Right now I am using a re-cored 22" with an electric fan and controller. I am going to upgrade to aluminum later this summer when I get the extra $$$$.

I did purchase these off ebay the other day...
pulleys.jpg

The car is a manual steering car so pulleys are pretty simple.

pulleys.jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Pic of me (on the left in the diaper lol) and my dad with the car in 1983....This was taken in the Phillipines, dad was in the USAF and had the car shipped over there (and back when he was done)...
IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
These are the Auto Body Specialties connectors/ torque boxes too by the way....

And the one in the back shows the adapters for the superstock springs, I believe those came from Mancini racing. I added a little plate to the bottom of them just to strengthen em up a bit....

The frame connectors and torque boxes had to have a little "finessing" to fit my car but over all they are ok. I would recommend anyone with one of these cars producing very much power invest in a set. They are gonna strengthen mine up bigtime, it would have been nice if they would have had em factory lol

Last edited:

DCAspen

Reaction score
Beautiful car,can you show a picture where you mounted your hood pins. thanks

Back