77 Chrysler Cordoba

Justwondering

Reaction score
Anybody close enough to this car to go look at it for me? Near Nashville.

77 Chrysler Cordoba

Its the wrong, really wrong paint job but price plus shipping is doable ...
Just seems like its too low compared to what I've been seeing.

nashville cordoba.jpg

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
Not much detail in the ad, is there. The 400 is very desirable in these cars because it comes w the big block K-frame, mounts, trans, etc. An RB swap is a bolt-in affair.
Looks like an older low-buck semi-custom, watch for bad bodywork and rust "repair" in the usual areas... cowl, quarters, window channels, etc. I can see rust over the rear wheelwells even on my phone. When I had my 76 there were no patch panels available. That may have changed, been about 3 yrs. It looks like the roof/quarter seams are starting to pop... they always do. Chunk the lead out and use long-strand 'glass. Also looks like some of the back light trim is missing. Easy enough to replace but it probably still has the "grained" (vinyl top) trim and the non-vinyl-top pieces are hard enough to find that I'd call it impossible. Slick-roofed Cordobas/Chargers were exceptionally rare but did exist. The later, square headlight models (78-79) have better looking trim without the "leather grain" but may take some massaging to get it to fit right.
It might be a real cream puff w goofy paint (SS stripes? Really?) and wagon wheels. Or it might be trash. If I was close I'd go check it out, it's definitely worth investigating.

Last edited:

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I don't like ads that leave out ALL of the pertinent information. But then again I'm the guy who only reads negative reviews... don't need to know what's GREAT about it, I need to know what might go wrong.
I hope I didn't throw a wet blanket on your enthusiasm, and I hope there's someone here who can go take a look at it for you (I'm in OR, not even close).
Are you a member of FBBO? There's a pretty dedicated group of Late-B owners there, I used to be one. Cordobas, Magnums, 4th Gen Chargers, etc, are all well represented. The high-buck "real" musclecar owners steer clear of us, but it's a good resource.

Aren't there any good Texas based Cordobas left? Seems like TX would be a gold mine of late-Bs.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The car has been painted. Looks like car was originally white, maybe.
It has a console – which most Cordoba’s did not come with.

My white ’77 Cordoba had a red half roof and red interior and bench seat (if it matters).

Having the 400 big block is a big plus – but the 400’s these cars came with were smogers and would only get out if its way a tad more than a 360 4-bbl would. Remove the smog equipment and bump up the compression to what the ’69-70’s had – and you had a car that now moves out and is reliable. The sky is the limit at that point (if that was what you were looking for . . .).

My ’77 Cordoba came with the same standard “Rust Option” that many F-bodies came with, back then. In ’86 (or ‘87), my trunk lid was starting to show some minor rust bubbles through the paint – and in a couple of other areas of car – if you looked real hard. That is with a car that has been in Oklahoma for about 10 years, at the time.

A lot of the late-model big block B-body cars came with a 9¼” differential – which is one of the strongest ones that Chrysler made.

I would ask for a bunch more pictures (15+), including engine, trunk and underneath – if you cannot find someone to look at car locally – before deciding on vehicle.
BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
I've decided to pass on it.
There will be another one out there one day... the hunt continues...

As much as I'd like to have one, I have to be realistic and get the white barn cleaned out down at the estate so I have a decent place to work on vehicles. I figure I have another 6 to 10 months before I'll be ready for another vehicle.

Just wondering about whats out there.

JW

Back