77 Volare windshield

/6Volare

Reaction score
Hey guys
Are these still available for 2 doors?
Or are the 4 doors the same? Rock Auto lists as not in stock for 2 doors.

Jeff

volare 77

Reaction score
Two door is different. Call some of the independent glasses suppliers. The big names probably won`t have it or look for it. Last time I checked there was still some new ones out there but I don`t like the dark tint on the top that the newer windshield have now. I had a clear NOS one I bought off ebay shipped to me last year and the shipper broke it. The seller said they ship them all the time any they never get broke. 2Dr Diplomat and Le Baron are the same if looking for used.

/6Volare

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Im in Manitoba so will have to look around. My parts car is cracked as well.
I was hoping that perhaps Pilkington or some other still produced these. Its frustrating that I can get stuff for my 58 Chev but volares are ignored.

Jef

MBDale

Reaction score
Hey Jef,

I actually called Allied Auto up close to Route 90 in Winnipeg. When I got mine he said they had a line on a used one. Have no idea if new ones have been produced in the last few years. Mine came from Calgary and was new.

/6Volare

Reaction score
Hi Dale
I actually spoke with Al at Allied today. He had an new one in the crate. Didnt realize it but he does mpi glass replacement too so its getting done under insurance.
Now if I can find 2 coupe doors I wont have to rob the ones from the 80 Aspen I just bought a few weeks ago.
Thanks
Jeff

MBDale

Reaction score
That’s good glass is available. There was a super clean pair of doors on Kijiji awhile ago in southern Ontario. Shipping would be good dollar.....

/6Volare

Reaction score
$400 Canadian plus taxes and install. Thankfully insurance covers most of it.
Not sure if they are still available or if I got lucky.
I may have found doors in Saskatchewan . If not then the spare car gets raided I guess

Jeff

volare 77

Reaction score
Thats about $300 US. WOW seems pricey but I guess if they are getting hard to find then the price goes up.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Glass has gotten more expensive just like everything else, I had the windshield replaced in the Neon two years ago it cost me $225 and I get a discount.
I had the windshield replaced in the Volare in 90 and it cost me less than $100.

/6Volare

Reaction score
Nice thing is that this one is new. Now Im not sure when it was made but at least theres less chance of incurring damage like on a used one.
Be nice if they are still producing them.
Jeff

/6Volare

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Any suggestions on who may have windshield seals? Im hesitant to pull out the old glass and have the seal fall apart.

Jeff

Back