FOR SALE '78 Aspen SE T-top 4speed /6

Status
Not open for further replies.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Contact seller
Here is a nice Aspen. Interior looks great, but they should have left the original metallic dark blue paint. Body looks in good shape. With a little work this could be a great cruiser. Bidding starts at $2500, located in TN. I used to have one in white with butterscotch interior, automatic /6 with no air. Still regret getting rid of it.
1978 Dodge Aspen Special Edition | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Cars being flipped, was listed not so long ago on CL with not so nice background pics, and the sellers feedback shows indeed he is a flipper so he probably is wanting a price not reflective to the f cars.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
Dude seems to be pretty honest (seems to be) about the mileage and condition of the car. Doesn't seem out of whack at $2550 (w 6d left) for a pretty clean 4-sp car T-roof car, although I don't think I'd pay much more for a /6 unless it was VERY clean and I could get a look at it personally.

It is my firm belief that he should deduct $100 just for the goofy "pistol grip".
Duuuude, a plain white ball would have been SO much cooler.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
https://jalopnik.com/for-9-500-might-this-rare-1978-dodge-aspen-leave-you-1772005678

Is It Rare? 1978 Dodge Aspen Special Edition

His ebay feedback, meh... might of been the sellers other ads I saw. Who knows, but from 9500-2500 one can only wonder how much real bidding might be done on the car.

I really dont recall the first time I seen it on CL, but its been a good many months. Could be a good cheap project or beater at the first bid.

WELL, I had thought about tossing a bid on the car, its a private listing. I dont understand that type of listing on an old car and I never bid on listings like that.

Hope it finds a good home.

Last edited:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I think this would make a very nice project. Some time and some $$, and wow! Yes, lose the stupid shifter handle, but that is nothing. It originally looked like this pic from the '78 Dodge Aspen brochure, which I always thought was one of the best looking Aspens at the time...
c52242be0e0b1cf6a73954ec92a7ea01.jpg

Now, not so much. Why someone covered that beautiful dark blue with flat blah blue is strange. But that too, is an easy fix as long as the body is solid.

s-l1600.jpg

78VOLAREWAG

Reaction score
I think this would make a very nice project. Some time and some $$, and wow! Yes, lose the stupid shifter handle, but that is nothing. It originally looked like this pic from the '78 Dodge Aspen brochure, which I always thought was one of the best looking Aspens at the time...
View attachment 29737

Now, not so much. Why someone covered that beautiful dark blue with flat blah blue is strange. But that too, is an easy fix as long as the body is solid.

View attachment 29738
The trick to that shift knob is threading the shifter down another inch so that it fits right. I love mine.

IMG_20180428_073533175.jpg

old yellow 78

Reaction score
late oct - early nov 2014 010.jpg
Agreed. I like the look of yours much better. The one on the blue T-top is a bit too much IMO. I put this old Hurst T shifter knob on OY that my best friend gave me when I first got it. It came off his old '62 Chevy step side that he had for years and meant a lot to him, so, now it means a lot to me.

Last edited:

4speedjim

Reaction score
He (they) whoever may have bought base coat, or used matte clear. It does nothing for me. If it is a solid car I think it chould be worth $2500. I suspect it will be a one bid auction. There is/was a New York Mirada T-top that's full of holes here recently. His open is $2800. This is (sort of) done, lesser but comparable car. A lifetime of selling cars taught me a few things. In an auction, set your start bid low. The lower you start, more people will bid. Some once engaged in the bidding, lose sight and winning, not price takes over. Desirable cars can hit the moon when 2 or more people get there hooks set. Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back