1. WANT TO BE FEATURED IN OUR 2019 CALENDAR???
    For details, click here: Be Part of our 2019 Mopar Calendar
    Dismiss Notice

FOR SALE '78 Aspen SE T-top 4speed /6

FMJ Body Cars for sale

1. old yellow 78

old yellow 78 Well-Known Member

Contact Seller
    Here is a nice Aspen. Interior looks great, but they should have left the original metallic dark blue paint. Body looks in good shape. With a little work this could be a great cruiser. Bidding starts at $2500, located in TN. I used to have one in white with butterscotch interior, automatic /6 with no air. Still regret getting rid of it.
    1978 Dodge Aspen Special Edition | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

2. Jonnyuma

Jonnyuma Well-Known Member

"My brother-in-law was told it's a "matte" finish but I think otherwise."

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Good thinkin'....

3. XfbodyX

XfbodyX Well-Known Member

Cars being flipped, was listed not so long ago on CL with not so nice background pics, and the sellers feedback shows indeed he is a flipper so he probably is wanting a price not reflective to the f cars.

4speedjim likes this.
  4. Jonnyuma

Dude seems to be pretty honest (seems to be) about the mileage and condition of the car. Doesn't seem out of whack at $2550 (w 6d left) for a pretty clean 4-sp car T-roof car, although I don't think I'd pay much more for a /6 unless it was VERY clean and I could get a look at it personally.

It is my firm belief that he should deduct $100 just for the goofy "pistol grip".
    Duuuude, a plain white ball would have been SO much cooler.

5. XfbodyX

XfbodyX Well-Known Member

https://jalopnik.com/for-9-500-might-this-rare-1978-dodge-aspen-leave-you-1772005678

Is It Rare? 1978 Dodge Aspen Special Edition

His ebay feedback, meh... might of been the sellers other ads I saw. Who knows, but from 9500-2500 one can only wonder how much real bidding might be done on the car.

I really dont recall the first time I seen it on CL, but its been a good many months. Could be a good cheap project or beater at the first bid.

WELL, I had thought about tossing a bid on the car, its a private listing. I dont understand that type of listing on an old car and I never bid on listings like that.

Hope it finds a good home.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  6. old yellow 78

I think this would make a very nice project. Some time and some $$, and wow! Yes, lose the stupid shifter handle, but that is nothing. It originally looked like this pic from the '78 Dodge Aspen brochure, which I always thought was one of the best looking Aspens at the time...
    c52242be0e0b1cf6a73954ec92a7ea01.jpg

Now, not so much. Why someone covered that beautiful dark blue with flat blah blue is strange. But that too, is an easy fix as long as the body is solid.

s-l1600.jpg

Jonnyuma likes this.
  7. 78VOLAREWAG

78VOLAREWAG Active Member

The trick to that shift knob is threading the shifter down another inch so that it fits right. I love mine.

IMG_20180428_073533175.jpg

8. old yellow 78

late oct - early nov 2014 010.jpg Agreed. I like the look of yours much better. The one on the blue T-top is a bit too much IMO. I put this old Hurst T shifter knob on OY that my best friend gave me when I first got it. It came off his old '62 Chevy step side that he had for years and meant a lot to him, so, now it means a lot to me.

Last edited: May 15, 2018 at 8:30 PM
    4speedjim and 78VOLAREWAG like this.
  9. Jonnyuma

I felt the same way about a 70s wood-rimmed steering wheel my buddy gave me. I think he thought I was gonna hang it on the garage wall but I used it in my Cordoba.

4speedjim likes this.
  10. 4speedjim

4speedjim Well-Known Member

He (they) whoever may have bought base coat, or used matte clear. It does nothing for me. If it is a solid car I think it chould be worth $2500. I suspect it will be a one bid auction. There is/was a New York Mirada T-top that's full of holes here recently. His open is $2800. This is (sort of) done, lesser but comparable car. A lifetime of selling cars taught me a few things. In an auction, set your start bid low. The lower you start, more people will bid. Some once engaged in the bidding, lose sight and winning, not price takes over. Desirable cars can hit the moon when 2 or more people get there hooks set. Just sayin'

11. Jonnyuma

Seems more likely (to me, anyway) that a PO went down to his local NAPA and bought a gallon or two of Martin Seynour single-stage tractor paint (Ford blue?) and hosed it on in his garage.
    200w-3.gif

12. old yellow 78

13. Jonnyuma

Pretty good dough. Maybe the new owner will be along here pretty soon.