WANTED 79 Volare Temp Control Cable Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWagon

Reaction score
It might - seems like a universal? Unfortunately out of stock....I'm going to end up trying to make something out of Morse cable if I can't find anything

VWagon

Reaction score
No, I left it in the car once I saw it was snapped and planned on tackling when I grabbed one....I may tear into it shortly to get the process going

Aspen500

Reaction score
They pop up sometimes on Ebay. Haven't looked to see if there are any currently though.

According to Parts Voice, Silke Auto Parts has one. Whether they really do, who knows these days. Might be worth a call anyways. 904-737-8600 (Florida).

Last edited:

volare 1977

Reaction score
Actually the part number he has doesn`t show up on partsvoice. It is the part number I showed as it may work???

VWagon

Reaction score
Thanks for the help all! In talking to Silkes....that part listed above would have been too short for a Volare....but he was able to find the right # out of the 79 book and lay his hands on the piece. Its in the mail. Appreciate the assist

VWagon

Reaction score
I don't have it on me but it was different then the one listed above...while that link lists it as applicable to St. Regis Newport and the F bodies....the '79 parts book he had said otherwise. Once he looked up the proper number he was able to put his hands on both side by side. The F body cable is substantially longer while it does have the same clips.

I asked about what they specialize in....Silkes has over 25,000 NOS parts from multiple mfg. Bonus was the gentleman I spoke to had late 70s Chrysler parts catalogs at his fingertips.

volare 1977

Reaction score
Leon Silkes is a good guy. He has some stuff others don`t. I did`t have a 79 book to verify your number so I was wondering what number he found. It is good to know a number for the next person looking for one.

VWagon

Reaction score
Yes he was helpful and didn't settle for the suggested number and made sure to do the research for me. I'll post it up later in the week when I'm back at the office so it shows up for a future search.

volare 1977

Reaction score
thanks good to know. Apparently that was one only one around. I don`t see that number elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back