8-3/4 swap.

kwobbler

Reaction score
ok i know its been posted before but im just curious if i comprehended it right. I have an 83/4 outta an 69 roadrunner i used to have. so would it bolt right in or are mods are required. i found tech sheets that look like there less then 1/2 "off.could you guys help me out thanks

Locomotion

Reaction score
I welded the spring seats in place after hanging everything with E-body 3/4" offset shackles in an F-body. But I read that you could do that with certain B-body housings without having to move the spring seats. The 3/4" move at the back would move the middle of the spring about 3/8". A little bit of "massaging" may still be needed.

The 3/4" offset shackles actually straighten out the leaf springs because they are toed-in from the factory. You get a little more tire clearance at the back. There is enough "slop" in the OEM front brackets & bushings to where the slight angle change doesn't hurt anything. It was in a drag car and it worked fine. But I re-did it to straight shackles and proper offset wheels when switching to a Dana 60 because the offset shackles weren't legal for the class.

Last edited:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I welded the spring seats in place after hanging everything with E-body 3/4" offset shackles in an F-body. But I read that you could do that with certain B-body housings without having to move the spring seats. The 3/4" move at the back would move the middle of the spring about 3/8". A little bit of "massaging" may still be needed.

The 3/4" offset shackles actually straighten out the leaf springs because they are toed-in from the factory. You get a little more tire clearance at the back. There is enough "slop" in the OEM front brackets & bushings to where the slight angle change doesn't hurt anything. It was in a drag car and it worked fine. But I re-did it to straight shackles and proper offset wheels when switching to a Dana 60 because the offset shackles weren't legal for the class.
What he said works!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Only thing you really need to do, IF you keep the ISO mounts, is enlarge the centering hole in the spring perches welded to the axle.

Back