1. kwobbler

kwobbler Member

ok i know its been posted before but im just curious if i comprehended it right. I have an 83/4 outta an 69 roadrunner i used to have. so would it bolt right in or are mods are required. i found tech sheets that look like there less then 1/2 "off.could you guys help me out thanks

2. Locomotion

Locomotion Well-Known Member

I welded the spring seats in place after hanging everything with E-body 3/4" offset shackles in an F-body. But I read that you could do that with certain B-body housings without having to move the spring seats. The 3/4" move at the back would move the middle of the spring about 3/8". A little bit of "massaging" may still be needed.

The 3/4" offset shackles actually straighten out the leaf springs because they are toed-in from the factory. You get a little more tire clearance at the back. There is enough "slop" in the OEM front brackets & bushings to where the slight angle change doesn't hurt anything. It was in a drag car and it worked fine. But I re-did it to straight shackles and proper offset wheels when switching to a Dana 60 because the offset shackles weren't legal for the class.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Oldiron440 likes this.
  3. Opticon77

Opticon77 Well-Known Member

4. Oldiron440

Oldiron440 Well-Known Member

What he said works!

5. Aspen500

Aspen500 Well-Known Member

Only thing you really need to do, IF you keep the ISO mounts, is enlarge the centering hole in the spring perches welded to the axle.