WANTED '80 Cordoba Multi-function switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intrepolicious

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a multifunction switch (turn signals, wipers, cruise control, and brights) for my 1980 Córdoba with cruise control. 81 and 82 models may also work but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!

edit: Here's a pic of where it's broken. Where the multifunction control arm "stalk" (?) attaches to the mechanism inside the steering column.

H8fcKYd.jpg

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are part numbers from my ’82 parts book (which “should” be the same, but not 100%, as ’80).

Body type is “X” or “S” (Miranda or Cordoba, which, as far as T/S switches are concerned, are the same).
M-body are B, F and G. The other codes are for front wheel drivers.
For some reason, "S" is not used that often in this book (so just look for "X").

82 TS switch pic.JPG

82 TS switch pn1.JPG

82 TS switch pn2.JPG

82 TS switch pn3.JPG

82 TS switch pn4.JPG

82 TS switch pn5.JPG

82 TS switch pn6.JPG

82 TS switch pn7.JPG

BudW

marty mopar

Reaction score
1980 part book:

4267277 /tilt
3747742 w/o tilt have it NOS

above is the cruise switch

also listed is
1. a signal/hazard switch

2. and the wiper switch

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
There is a good one, in a upull auto wrecker, not too far away. I am thinking that I should take it, as mine is not in the best shape. How did you remove your old one? Thanks.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
It might be easier to just grab the entire column assembly. That way you also get the ignition switch, dimmer switch, turn signal switch, cruise switch (if applicable) and other goodies at same time.

If nothing else (and if in decent shape), selling the steering wheel might help offset the cost of the column assembly.
BudW

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Any tips on removing a steering column? The wheel, which is covered with grime, from sitting out for two years, looks like it was perfect, before going to the wrecker. The speedo shows 55,000 km. And I believe that could be first time around, looking at what is left of this car.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Listen to Bud. Id grab the column. Probable $30-$40. Maybe less? You wont regret it. The wear parts are getting harder to find. Pull it and list it here for sale. It wont last long.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Any tips on removing a steering column?
The column is not difficult – except for the underhood part. Especially if there is no key for ignition lock.

Two large flat screwdrivers working together help on popping the shifter linkage from column lever. It is easier to do this first, when working under hood. I have removed the column before with the shifter rod still attached to column (ie: disconnected from transmission Z-bar) – but it makes column removal, once free, a bit more difficult.

I don’t remember the size roll pin – but I think it is ¼”, at the steering gear coupler.
What I have done is made a (self-made tool) using a broken wooden hammer handle and a long piece of round (again – I think ¼” diameter – but might be wrong) steel stock. I drilled a hole into about a 4 piece long of hammer handle and tapped the round steel stock through it - so it almost makes an “L”. I hold the wooden handle with one hand and tap on metal rod with hammer. Once pin starts moving, I can hold shaft still with my tool.
I’ll try to take a picture of it, when I get home tonight (if I remember . . .).

If you are good at it, you can keep the roll pin end remaining in the coupler – instead of it popping out (and losing it).

Be sure to save the pin (can’t get those from Chrysler, anymore). Once pin is out, and steering column is unbolted (and un plugged) from upper dash and the three bolts on floorboard (all are quick removal with an electric drill) –then pull gently outwards on column (but no too far or hard). The steering wheel should now rest on the car seat.

Get a BIG flat screwdriver or crow bar and gently pry between the steering gear and its coupler (you just removed the roll pin from). It will resist a bit, but it will start to pull back. Once off, then remove the entire column from the car.

Sometimes I have to unbolt/unplug the column from car, to rotate the assembly enough - to get to the roll pin (if no key to lock cylinder).

A person can also unbolt the column from the rubber disk – but I have found those bolts are hard to reach and you are at a bad mechanical advantage to loosen them when you can reach the bolts. Possible – but difficult.

BudW

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Thanks, but unfortunately, this is way beyond, what I can do. If you are interested, what is left of the car, is in a yard, about 40 minutes, north of Toronto.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
1300 miles (2050 KM) from my place to Toronto (plus another 40 min North).
The switch can be extracted from column in car. It would be less time to grab the column – is all I’m saying.

If you let me know what year car you have, I can give instructions on how to remove the switch.

FYI: There hadn’t been an FMJ at the Pull-A-Part by me, in about almost a year.
BudW

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
82 Cordoba, with cruise control- that I never use. The one in the yard is an '81 Corinthian Edition. - Black / beige cloth interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back