80 Volare model

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
I received this model from my wife for Xmas. I just finished it up. The only thing I still need to do is add the "road runner" scripts.
model2.jpg
model3.jpg
model4.jpg

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Great work! I used to build models all the time many years ago, and still have probably all of them. Wish I had time to work on them these days. Sounds like a great way to unwind and relax. The detailing on your model is impressive.

droptop

Reaction score
It looks like they got a lot of the 80 features correct, like the flush grille, wagon wheels, etc. but the stripes on an 80 Road Runner looked nothing like that, and I have never seen an 80 with side window louvers.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
You're right, this isn't the way the RR came in '80. I was replicating another car from Canada that I'm familiar with. The model actually comes with the standard rallye wheel and a turbine style wheel. The ones chose came off of a different model but are very similar.

Screenshot_2014-09-24-11-24-52-1.jpg

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
I talked to Kent in a PM. He was impressed. So much he wants to buy it off me. I'm currently building a '79 R/T for another owner right now. I'll post pictures when I'm done with that one too.
GaryG small.JPG

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve made my share of models over the years. Sure a lot cheaper than dating (wait, did I say that out loud?). That said, haven’t made one sense the ‘80’s.

Even got a couple of full boxes of new and partially completed models out in my garage - but Pretty sure my collection of paint has gone bad over the decades.
Tried to get my 10 year old son interested in “something” other than his tablet – to no avail (yet).
On my fireplace mantle (in man cave) there is a couple of my nicer examples in clear plastic model cases (not FMJ, which is why not posted here).
I had thought about making a model of the cars I’ve owned over the years (and have a few kits for that purpose), but just hadn’t gotten any “drive” to do it.

About ten years ago, I was driven to get back into “performance” cars – but just didn’t have any $ to speak of, so I did get (back) into collecting Hot Wheels. Now I’ve amassed quite the collection – but it is just nothing like having the real thing.

The cars I want to get are all priced with one or two extra digits more than pocketbook will allow for . . .
BudW

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I really wish they had made a model of the F wagon. Sort of surprised they didn't seeing as how common they were back in the '70's. I still think F's are one of the very best styled cars of the '70's.
plymouth%20volare%201977-0040g.gif

Back