85 diplomat w/sunroof

rc440rt

Reaction score
I have found an 85 diplomat se with a factory sunroof. How rare is this option.This car is loaded with options. power seats, power mirrors, alum wheels, power ant., and only 18,000 miles on it. Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Erics5th

Reaction score
There was a guy on the other M body board that had a sunroofed Diplomat. My '84 5th has one. Don't see them to often.

MoparDan

Reaction score
There was a guy on the other M body board that had a sunroofed Diplomat. My '84 5th has one. Don't see them to often.
that was me, I wish I still had it, it had been seriously neglected by a previous owner and I couldn't afford to keep it going...the sunroof option is VERY rare on Diplomats, go for it!

inmywj

Reaction score
Hey rc440rt, If yo are not interested in it, let me know. I am looking for another M. I have a line on one up here, but I am still open to others.
Thanks, inmywj

hdm

Reaction score
I have been looking at M-Bodies on Craigslist off an on for bout a year since My Fifth was wrecked four hours after purchase. I have looked at thousands From Illinois east and Norh Carolina North I have seen 3 plus the one that was wrecked. Pretty rare even though the factory book for 83 has the repair for the sunroof in it.

Dwight

dipin87

Reaction score
I bought an 87 Diplomat about two years ago now for my son as his first car. It has a factory sun roof in it. He drives it all the time

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
I have found an 85 diplomat se with a factory sunroof. How rare is this option.This car is loaded with options. power seats, power mirrors, alum wheels, power ant., and only 18,000 miles on it. Thanks for your help

If you get it or go look at it,
Can you post some pics?

Erics5th

Reaction score
Here is a not so good picture I just took.

null_zps3691ecdb.gif

From the front, top of the windshield molding it is 8" to the edge of the molding for the opening. It is 6" from the side molding to the spot on the roof where it steps down to the drip rail. The glass (with the molding around it) is 19" from the center, tapering down to about 16" on the sides. You can see from the picture the front of the glass is curved, and the rear is flat. I have no idea how the roof is cut, as there is molding covering up the actual cut in the roof. I would assume the hole in the roof also has a slight radius to match the glass, but can't tell with the molding in place. It probably also covers up the rivets that hold the whole assembly in place. Hope this helps, need anything else let me know.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Thanks, how wide is it from outside edge to outside edge of the chrome molding?

Last edited:

Erics5th

Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot that part. The glass itself is 35" across. The opening in the roof is probably 35.5".

Last edited:

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Sweet
I cut the roof off a 95 acura integra (all they're good for)
Sunroof measures 21x34

2013-04-28204328_zpsf0e3702f.jpg

Erics5th

Reaction score
Hmm. I'm no expert on sunroofs, but I hope the glass from the Acura isn't curved length wise.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
Nah its flat
Thing I like about it is it doesn't go back into the roof
Goes up over the roof

Back