85 M-body...under 100k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Not to be picky but the first year for M bodies I have listed is '77. My Caravelle is an M and it's a '78.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Actually a copper gold 2 door. Can't load pics from my phone but if I figure it out on my computer I'll post some.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Not to be picky but the first year for M bodies I have listed is '77. My Caravelle is an M and it's a '78.

So, I kinda know my Canuck Caravelles.
White/Red or a Red on Red?

Yes M's start in 77.
I smoked a joint last night. Got my memory back today.:read2:

"The Dodge Diplomat was first introduced in 1977, the first two nameplates on a body style that would be little changed for all of its twelve years."

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I hate it when I lose my brain. At least you found yours the next day. Takes me days sometimes after 10 too many beers!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Really? Wow. Never seen another one here myself. Mine was never on kijiji though. I found it through word of mouth. Bought it from an old timer at a seniors home for $400. Seemed like a mint deal at the time....till I started pulling trim and digging a little deeper. Oh well. 4 years and $4500 later it's still a work in progress. (aren't they all?). Not complaining though. I love that car.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
This one?
Was on Kijiji...08-09?

carra.jpg

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I think $7400 is pretty ambitious. When I surf Craigslist I always search for "convertible" and "LeBaron" at some point. I see tons of later turbo LeBarons (some are convertibles) going for less that a third of what this cat's asking. I also find some decent later model convertibles (lots of Saabs for some reason) for the same money ie: under $2500. That's the market T&C LeBaron-boy needs to be playing to. NOBODY loves those cars THAT much...do they?

ramenth

Reaction score
NOBODY loves those cars THAT much...do they?

Still some guys out there who are died in the wool, hard core fans who might give that price.

I think you'd have to look well beyond craigslist ads to find 'em though. Most people search CL locally, not nationally.

Put feelers out at some of the big events. Talked to a guy at Carlisle a few years ago who had a little more than the asking price on this one, invested in his.

But asking price is just that. If he ever sees that price or just continues to sit on the car? :dontknow:

Personally, I think he's looking at his own stated numbers of less than 500 built and has gotten Barrett-Jackson syndrome.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Agreed. Just cause they only made so many doesn't make it a hemi cuda. I'd get hold of the guy, make him what you would consider a descent offer, leave him your contact info and when his Russo & Steele fantasy ends maybe he'll call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back