'87 Diplomat SE

Reaction score
Thought it was time to share some pics of it now that it's finally running again
drunky.gif
I got this car w/ 76k actual miles on it, I believe I am either the 2nd or 3rd owner. My dad bought it for $50, people didn't want it anymore because it stalled at stop lights. Turned out the carb mounting bolts/nut were loose
laugh2.gif
It now has 101k miles on it, and is still running good, although I almost tore my hair out trying to find this latest problem, which has been the only real problem it's ever given me. It was the wife's car until her cataracts started to interfere with her vision (rare at her age, only 31 ), and has taken us to Florida and back once.

Some pics from when I first got it

IM002584.jpg

IM002583.jpg

IM002582.jpg

As it sits now, removed the vinyl roof to prevent rust from setting in, just got the wheels/tires out of the shed today so they still need to be cleaned up, as does the whole car really. My brother put the small hole in the header panel while he was driving it for a month or so
dry.gif

IMAG0433.jpg

IMAG0434.jpg

IMAG0435.jpg

IMAG0436.jpg

IMAG0437.jpg

IMAG0438.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

Future plans include a repaint (soon hopefully), EFI, exhaust, and minor suspension and aero mods. Possibly a AOD trans too. If I can come across a 8.75 or 8.25 diff for it somewhere I'll replace the 7.25 rear as well.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Cool deal Rob. When your brother breaks something make him repay you. Or knock him out. :toothy12:

Back