8v-of-fury

Reaction score
This:

AMG_K7308_P04_TOP.jpg

Or This:

AMG_SB364_P04_TOP.jpg

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
LOL! Thanks bud, they did not specify on the site.. Just leaf bushing. I figured perhaps it may have been a different leaf on a different optioned car or something eh? well that answers that question, thanks.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Bottom picture is for front leaf spring and top picture is rear leaf spring/shackle.
You will need two of each part number.

BudW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a problem.
I just purchased (a month ago) enough bushings to replace on both of my cars.
Now, I just gotta get ‘em done.

Note: you need a press or something similar to change those front bushings.
I have a 20 ton press (a bit of overkill in this case) and a smaller gear driven bench press thing that either would work.
The rear bushings are fairly easily. The front ones, not so much.

For my personal cars, I always add studs or bolts/heads cut off, and insert into the holes on front bushings and make them a bit firmer.
Bushing modified.jpg

The interesting thing is those bushings are the same exact part numbers as what is used on my wife’s fairly newish minivan.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Forget what years (early 2000's???) the minivans also have the same spring shackles as some M-body (maybe F also with Police pkg or rear sway bar).
One great thing about Mopar, they tend to use pre existing parts if they'll work vs designing, engineering and then a vendor tooling up to make them. Sometimes, even if the parts hadn't been used on any vehicle for years. The trick is to know which parts interchange, which isn't always easy to do.

80mirada

Reaction score
Forget what years (early 2000's???) the minivans also have the same spring shackles as some M-body (maybe F also with Police pkg or rear sway bar).
One great thing about Mopar, they tend to use pre existing parts if they'll work vs designing, engineering and then a vendor tooling up to make them. Sometimes, even if the parts hadn't been used on any vehicle for years. The trick is to know which parts interchange, which isn't always easy to do.

Like 75 Darts having 69 Barracuda hoods. Mopar recycled tons of parts, those bushings are the least of it

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve not thought about the shackles being the same – but why not.

The Dodge (Chrysler and Plymouth) Minivan rear spring bushings (front and rear) are the same from when they first came out (1984) until 2007 – and maybe longer (not looked to find out).

They use a single leaf spring and make an excellent homemade trailer suspension.

Surprisingly, the first generation of minivans used rear brake drum (9” fined) that were also used on A-body’s (4” bolt pattern).

If you get Minivan rear axle assembly (1984 to 2007) with 15” (or larger) wheels, then you can also use your FMJ wheels on your trailer. (Or A-body wheels, if you got a 14” wheeled axle).

With that said, the different generation minivans (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and (I suspect also the) 6th generations), all use different offset wheels, so you can’t trade wheels between the different “stock” minivan generations (I have tried).

Aspen500

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the shackles will fit the cars where the top mounting bracket is wider than the spring and the shackles look "bent".

89.Fifth

Reaction score
Yeah a lot of Minivan, K-Car, and more modern parts will swap or interchange. Minivan and Dakota share a lot of suspension parts with M-Bodies

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Like 75 Darts having 69 Barracuda hoods. Mopar recycled tons of parts, those bushings are the least of it

69 Barracuda and 73-76 Dart/Dart Sport hood...
Only the hood "skin" is the same. The crumple zones on the under structure are different.
They do bolt right on though. Much easier to find the 4 year Dart hood than a 1 year only Barracuda hood.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Can you be a bit more specific on "both"?
I see a few possibility’s as to "both" in this thread.
I'm putting the bigger springs in my car and need to put new bushings on the front and back. I was just going to hit PEPs or AZ and see what they had or try polyurethane

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Rear bushings
MOOG part number K7308 (one set per side) rubber

Front bushing
MOOG part number SB364 (one per side) rubber

FYI: both bushings also fit my wife's 2002 minivan

The front bushings generally require access to a press.

I don't recommend polyurethane bushings for leaf springs because of ride harshness. You need a little something to cushion bumps. Poly transmits ever single hairline crack in road, and every dustmite you run over, straight to your kidneys.

My recommendation is if you want to firm the ride a bit, then insert metal studs (or something) into the two holes in the front bushing.
BudW

Back