WANTED 904 Trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have one out of a ’84 Gran Fury (Oklahoma Indian Reservation) police car (318 4-bbl) with 60k miles. Transmission condition is unknown – but suspected to be OK. This transmission should have the better (police) shift points and the low gears that everyone wants.
It also has a low gear shutout device bolted onto the transmission pan – which keeps officers from using manual low gear. It will unbolt – so a minor annoyance.

It is rather buried in back of garage (sitting there untouched for 6 years) and is still full of fluid. I don’t mind shipping it to LA but would need to build a crate for it, first
With temperatures below freezing and having to make a crate outside (no room in the garage), it might take me bit before I could get it to shippers.

Price? Let me get unit dug out, make sure nothing has used it to make a nest out of, etc., and will post pictures (if wanted) and I should have something figured out by then.

Indian Reservation police are sorta like the Lake Patrol. Their vehicles don’t go out on high speed chases like the City Police or the Highway Patrols do – so I doubt it has had a hard life other than sitting for a rather long time.

BudW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back