904 Transmission Repair Cost And Build

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Anyone had or did a 904 Transmission over haul or had one rebuilt?. I have noticed the kits are not to bad. What did it cost you when you did it or had it done? I am leaning toward just a stock myself. Thank You.

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Well me and a buddy was sitting around the other day ago and were talking about transmissions and quarter runs. He drags here at our local track once a week. I personally don't really need a transmission or rebuild but he was telling me he new a guy up here where I live that has six mopar's and pulls them out of his garage once a year just to show. I was like damn.

Anyways he says this guy rebuilds 904's for under $1,000 and that includes removing rebuilding and re installing. And replacing the pump and converter if need be. I thought that was pretty cheap if you ask me. And keep in mind the guy is also offering a 5 year warranty on all parts and all his labor. He can guarantee the work to be done in just two days. Pretty impressive. So that alone has me thinking.

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Brand:
Performance Automatic
Manufacturer's Part Number:
PA12102
Part Type:
Automatic Transmissions
Product Line:
Performance Automatic 904-727 Transmissions
Summit Racing Part Number:
PMA-PA12102

Valve Body Style:​
Automatic/Manual

Trans-Brake Included:​
No

Lockup:​
No

Pan Type:​
Deep chrome steel

Fluid Fill Location:​
Case

Dipstick Included:​
No

Yoke Style:​
Slip-on

Case Material:​
Aluminum

Transmission Shield Built In:​
No

Flexplate Shield Built In:​
No

Safety Rating:​
Not SFI-approved

Quantity:​
Sold individually.

Notes:​
Includes Alto racing clutches, TransGo shift kit, high performance wide band, and kolene steels. 400 suggested HP rating.

In-Store Pickup:​
Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.

Calculator​
Gear Ratio Calculator

Tool​
Transmission Lookup

These Performance Automatic 904-727 transmissions have been the backbone of Chrysler for over 40 years. They get a thorough rework here with Alto Red Eagle clutches and bands, a high performance shift kit, and too many other upgrades to list. They're finished off with a deep sump pan and complete dyno testing, so you know that you will have a stout transmission on your hands.

" Summit Racing only offers a two year warranty on there's looks like and cost a coupe hundred more looks like."
$1,274.73

Last edited:

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
Contact Ken Hensley at Hensley Performance in Knoxville TN...865.947.0426. He was racing 727's in the early 60's before auto's on the track were cool...His machine shop is all MOPAR...engines, tranny, rear ends, drive shafts, and an expert in cam/intake/head selection for every application. He has over 40 years of drag racing, MOPAR family dealership, and hot rodding machine shop experience...his son is Matt Hensley IHRA SS/HA record holder in his 1968 Hemi Cuda...there's not many guys left in this world that have true life experience with all of the evolutions of every MOPAR part since 1962 or so. He's built my 340, 904 ($1,050) that he prefers for weight reduction over the 727, and will be starting on my rear end and driveshaft for my J body soon...he's a very patient man that will talk with you at length to get your build to be exactly what you want it to be, and he is very anal about clearances and balance no matter what he is building. I encourage anyone needing machine work, head work, engine/tranny rebuilds, or just information about the best combination to give him a call...I am very lucky to have him 8 miles from my house and get no compensation from promoting his shop...just sharing.

Back