A great start to the new year.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
On Sunday, Jan 1, I had spent some time with a fellow forum member 80 Lebaron Coupe (Mike) to help remove and load pickup' worth of pickup parts that he carried home in his pickup (um, did I say that correctly?).
That pickup (thread '84 5th Ave - Parts ) is now just about striped down to a frame . . .

Monday was a day off of work (holiday), so I spent time (½ a day) with wife getting Christmas ornaments on sale. I then spent the other ¾th a day (yes it was 5/4ths of a day, that day) changing the leaking heater core in my '77 wagon.

If you have been following Justwondering rodent problem – well guess what. She shoo'ed 'em my way (not picking on you – for I doubt the rodents would cross the Red River).
20170102_190001r.jpg

20170102_185956r.jpg

Both Sunday and Monday were both very nice days for January here.

Wednesday, I took a day off of work to drive from Oklahoma City to Waco, to pickup my kids (who spent the week in Corpus Christi with friends).
In route I spent some time with Justwondering and her husband for breakfast.

I left Oklahoma City with temp at 19' F and about a 25 MPH wind from the South (more or less pushed me there) and happy to report the heater core on the wagon is working fine.

Guess what, I think the two of us (Justwondering and I) made a new first. The June Car of the Month and July Car of the Month (2016), both located in one location, for a quick photo! The wind chill was rather bone rattling to stay outside for very long, or we could have gotten a better backdrop.
20170104_104749r.jpg

I also got a picture of Justwondering, but don't have her permission to post it . . .
(not that it matters, she had her back turned and all you see is back of her coat).

While waiting for breakfast to arrive, she whipped out some crisp 1 dollar bills and made these:
20170104_100753r.jpg

Then gave a pair of them to my kids (didn't have the kids yet), but do have pictures of kids with them
20170104_171757r.jpg

Note: this was in a McDonalds parking lot - but doesn't look like it.
20170104_180940r.jpg

When in Waco, I got a tank load of ethanol. What a mistake for the wagon ran like a dog on the drive home. Can't wait to put in a tank of 100% gas and see if car will like me again.
First long drive in the wagon and trip went well (except for the fuel).
BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
I second that 'great start to the new year.'

Bud's Volare was loaded to the top with wonderful things for my projects and the Chrysler. He was kind enough to turn it into a mobile shopping event for me. And I agree, if the cold wasn't so bitter we would have found some wonderful places to take photos.

As it was, hubby was in the car under a blanket trying to stay warm.

What was really wonderful -- the two guys in the pickup parked next to Bud's Volare.
-- Is that for real?
-- Did you buy it like that?
-- Is that original paint?
-- We had one like that, it was a wonderful car!

They gushed over it big time. It really is as beautiful in person as it is in the pictures.

An no, Bud, you can't post that picture of me.... you know that red coat makes my ass look big.
lol

Maybe this spring/summer, I'll come up to Oklahoma and we can go junking for parts. Get some really good pictures then.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Got a little snow last night. First accumulation this year (for last couple of years?). About 4.5-5 inches total (soft powder).
My twins wanted to get up early today and have a birthday breakfast party before school. Then we gave them the news that school was closed – so got off school and got snow on their 10 year birthday.
I still had to go into work, though (sigh).
20170106_102125.jpg

20170106_102434.jpg

By the way, we have 1 acre in Oklahoma City, sorta off to the side a bit but still in city limits. On that 1 acre, there is over 150 trees. Mostly white oak. The trees in first picture are my neighbors.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Heh-heh, "up here" it takes a foot of snow to close schools. Even then, it may only be the more rural area schools with the other districts running on a 2 hour delay.

Back