Gator and I snagged this 83 from the original owner. Frame rails are perfect
IMG_20170617_140637.jpg
IMG_20170617_140649.jpg
IMG_20170617_082732.jpg
IMG_20170617_081140.jpg
IMG_20170617_083659.jpg

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
another example of motoring perfection... 10 spoke alloys, too. Look at that option data plate, that was a pretty nice car. Did the original owner shed light on why he bought this car?

slant6billy

Reaction score
another example of motoring perfection... 10 spoke alloys, too. Look at that option data plate, that was a pretty nice car. Did the original owner shed light on why he bought this car?
He was to buy a truck and liked the Mirada's features in May 1983.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Wide swing of intent so the Mirada must have had an overwhelming pull... well duh :) Congrats! I don't see many of them in the Oregon craigslist ads much, they used to pop up with Cordobas. There's been a nice '88 5th Ave in the Salem Oregon CL with low miles.. even they are getting rare.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Wide swing of intent so the Mirada must have had an overwhelming pull... well duh :) Congrats! I don't see many of them in the Oregon craigslist ads much, they used to pop up with Cordobas. There's been a nice '88 5th Ave in the Salem Oregon CL with low miles.. even they are getting rare.
This one of only a few in New Jersey. We have a few 300s, many Imps and doba Js

kkritsilas

Reaction score
My Mirada came with two, joined together with a screw to the fender. I thought it was fake (not that the $800 I paid for the car would encourage that sort of thing), but when I removed them, the left edge of the bottom one that wasn't painted body colour had grey paint on it, or it may have been primer. I did look up the option codes, and they mostly seem right ( I can't find some of the trim codes anywhere), and the first tag does have a continuation code on it, so they must be legit, I figured. The car is pretty much completely optioned out, aside from the air conditioning being regular air conditioning, not semi-automatic. It even has the rear amplifier. Radio is shot, which isn't an issue, as it well be getting replaced.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
I've seen 2 tag mopars before. A/C in Canada might be given a ribbing over but I like how A/C dehumidifies an interior. Congrats!

I just got an inch and a half lift with new rear KYB shocks on my '88 5th Ave. They are gas charged so if your Miradas are looking a little saggy, easy fix.
1988 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Very nice find! I like the color and the wheels too. Did the owner drive it until recently, or has it been hiding somewhere? The history would be interesting. I can't remember the last time a saw a Mirada on the street.

Gator

Reaction score
This is the first mirada I've seen for sale in new jersey on Craigslist in three years.im gonna get it running and drive it.I believe it only needs a starter

Joe12459

Reaction score
That makes a sweet driver just the way it is, and a perfect candidate for an eventual numbers matching resto. Either way, they're fun cars to drive and they always turn heads!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I've seen 2 tag mopars before. A/C in Canada might be given a ribbing over but I like how A/C dehumidifies an interior. Congrats!

I just got an inch and a half lift with new rear KYB shocks on my '88 5th Ave. They are gas charged so if your Miradas are looking a little saggy, easy fix.
1988 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

Thanks for the info on the shocks.

Some parts of Canada can get pretty muggy. Alberta isn't one of those places, but Eastern Canada, like Toronto and Montreal have the New York City type of heat, where the temperature doesn't look high, but the humidity makes it feel a lot hotter than it is.

Gator

Reaction score
New jersey gets really muggy in the summer. Thanks Joe. Are you bringing your mirada to carlisle

Joe12459

Reaction score
New jersey gets really muggy in the summer. Thanks Joe. Are you bringing your mirada to carlisle
Yes, I'll have mine, and hopefully my son will have his there as well. You should bring yours. It would be cool to have a good showing of J bodies!

Back