AC vent action

SharkHead

Reaction score
'89 5th Ave. Has cold air, however the passenger side vents do not blow as strong as the drivers side-all vacuum lines look to be good and the actuators are moving when the different buttons are depressed on the head unit - any thing specific to look for?
I know the comment about cold air is off topic in Jan., however I am in Fla.-83F today!
(and the heat works also!)
TIA,
Ben III

Aspen500

Reaction score
It could be normal. My Aspen blows more on the left than the right, especially the far right one near the door.
However, if the duct is disconnected slightly or something similar, that would do it also. All the air for the vents comes from the same opening in the plenum.

BTW,,,,,,,,,83 degrees. Bite me!:D That's 65 more than here.

LSM360

Reaction score
If it's quite a bit less, I agree with Aspen500, probably some misaligning of duct work, or even badly degraded foam insulation around connections of duct work. But if only a little it's normal. Pretty easy to pull the dash pad and metal cover as one piece and see the vent duct work.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
There's no left/right split like new cars so you can rule out a lot of issues people have now days.
It could be something as simple as the driver side vents are smaller so they have the feel of more air coming out.

MoparDan

Reaction score
On the driver's side mine blows more on the left vent then right, so when its cold out my left hand is always warmer then the right. Not sure about the passenger side vents since I'm almost always driving.

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's no left/right split like new cars so you can rule out a lot of issues people have now days.
It could be something as simple as the driver side vents are smaller so they have the feel of more air coming out.
Don't get me started on dual zone climate control diagnosis and repair, lol.

Back