Accelerator cable for super six in a 1980 Volare

shadango

Reaction score
For our super six conversion, I know we need a new (shorter) accelerator cable for our 1980 Volare....as well as a new kickdown setup (I think I have resigned to going with the pricey Bouchillon setup for ease of install and use) and a new accelerator cable bracket /return spring bracket at the carb.

Accelerator cable:
Problem is , on Rock Auto, they ONLY list a few part numbers and all are for 1bbl and/or standard trans.....and all about the same length (25-30 inches). Anyone know what length the super six/2bbl cable should be and wear to find it?

Cable bracket and return spring bracket:
had almost forgot about these --- I found a carb but it doesnt have the brackets I need I dont think. Ideas?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The super 6 carburetor is mounted a different direction than 1-bbl carburetors are.

A /6 2-bbl throttle cable, from Chrysler, is part # 4095320
It is 30.25” long (the /6 1-bbl is 25.75” long).

Pioneer makes part # CA8415 that will fit (available at O’riellys and maybe other locations). There maybe other cable manufactures, as well.

If anyone is getting a super 6 changeover, be sure to get the throttle cable, kickdown linkage, fuel line and air cleaner, while there.

BudW

shadango

Reaction score
The super 6 carburetor is mounted a different direction than 1-bbl carburetors are.

A /6 2-bbl throttle cable, from Chrysler, is part # 4095320
It is 30.25” long (the /6 1-bbl is 25.75” long).

Pioneer makes part # CA8415 that will fit (available at O’riellys and maybe other locations). There maybe other cable manufactures, as well.

If anyone is getting a super 6 changeover, be sure to get the throttle cable, kickdown linkage, fuel line and air cleaner, while there.

BudW

shadango

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the supersix cable is actually shorter than the 1 bbl?

Some say the v8 cable is the bone robust which is shorter yet at 19 inches....

Now I am confused.

Back