An excellent investment 2000 Trans-Am

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Pffffthhh.jpg

Pffffthhh.jpg

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
hell yes alice in chains! dont get much better i wish this guy was still alive him and the singer for blind melon two guys lost too ealry from this generation

slant6billy

Reaction score
Always like them firechickens. I blew up my 88 GTA the easy way. AIC was never a typical Seattle band- more like Sabbath than Nirvana. I always hated when AIC was put with Pearl Jam or Nirvana just b/c all were from Seattle. I remember a Sunday Morning in 2002 and listening to the radio while driving all night trying to calm a teething baby when I got the news about Layne. The needle is some bad shit.

Erics5th

Reaction score
Being from Seattle, I can tell you the music scene is full of drug use, or at least used to be. Sad, a lot of talant wasted. Mother Love Bone (later Pearl Jam) lost Andrew Woods to heroin. Awesome band.

On a side note, also lost my ex wife to herion. Don't do it kids!

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Yep, Eric it sure was- you went to Highline School District, so Mike Starr probably was a classmate of yours (he was the same age as my cousin Trina H, who was a classmate of his along with her brother Todd). Alice in Chains originally was co-founded by a guy named Nick Pollock, who has been a friend of mine for 22-23 years (his neighbor was my best man when I got married, that's how we met). Chris Cornell's mom lives on Beach Drive in West Seattle just a few doors down from my buddy Dean's parents. Eddie Vedder lives just off the intersection of California Ave and Thistle (not a Seattle guy, he is from San Diego). Andrew Wood's brother Kevin lived on Bainbridge in a house bordering Gretchen Hart's (from KXRX...that's going back) farm property, but last I heard was living in/around Poulsbo (I use to date a girl from Hansville, so I use to get over there abit).
I love when people read books/stories and then say "No it wasn't that way- I read..." Really? Hmm, I use to know the people and see or hear stuff first hand and I have never been a drunk or a druggie.

slant6billy

Reaction score
First time I was in Seattle was in 2002 and was the first time I saw strung out white dudes stinding at the off ramps of 5. Meth and H was all over. It made its way here shortly after. I was all set to go to Queensryche downtown Seattle, but was told not to go to the show without some friends to watch each other's backs. Sorry, I jacked the thread. I did head out the Warmoth and get a fat strat custom neck for my telecaster project super flat profile 1 & 7/8 nut width 16 inch radius..........I've got some freaky hands
130201-180326.jpg
130201-180403.jpg

130201-180326.jpg

130201-180403.jpg

Erics5th

Reaction score
Mike graduated a year before I did from Highline Formed SATO with some other classmates. I kinda knew Melinda, his sister. I lived in California when a lot of the bands from Seattle got big, so I missed out on the music scene in the early 90's.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I did head out the Warmoth and get a fat strat custom neck for my telecaster project super flat profile 1 & 7/8 nut width 16 inch radius..........I've got some freaky handsView attachment 3454View attachment 3455

Nice axe.
Here's my tele.
Pffft, a Squire you say?
I played fifteen different tele's ranging from twenty fifth anniversary jobs to custom's...I liked this one best.
Cut my country album with it.
Neck is a million mile an hour ripper.
Sorry about the hijack also.....
2013-02-01 19.43.52.jpg

2013-02-01 19.43.52.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Mine started out life as a copy made by hohner. A warmoth neck and a custom cut body from TDP - lots of maple babinga ash. the hohner electronics with those big soapbar pickups copied from a tele 72 thinline. My next guitar is going to be a yamaha or Ibanez- they are a real players guitar in my opinion --- sorry again for the hijack folks

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Mine started out life as a copy made by hohner. A warmoth neck and a custom cut body from TDP - lots of maple babinga ash. the hohner electronics with those big soapbar pickups copied from a tele 72 thinline. My next guitar is going to be a yamaha or Ibanez- they are a real players guitar in my opinion --- sorry again for the hijack folks

We'll have to start a guitar thread. Lol...
I bought mine for $110 including hardshell.
Played'em all and bought this one.
The guys at the guitar shop thought I'd lost it.
Till they heard the album. :icon_scratch:

Sorry 8d5...

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Heck, then you might have known my cousins Trina & Todd Hellene.

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Heck Eric, then you were a year younger than Trina and about the same age as Todd (Hellene).

Cap'n- no problemo.

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
You'll have to dig out those yearbooks...ha,ha!

Back