Axle Bearings- Buy American

slant6billy

Reaction score
Got my Rockauto order yesterday and called Gator to bring over the new Axle and bearing installer.

In a matter of minutes the new bearing spit the rollers all over. Gator looked at the box- "Made in China".

So we ran to Napa and got a Bearing/ seal combo for 55 bucks "Made in USA"... All is Good- Hell No!

That China bearing race is stuck in the axle tube. I'm breaking it and tools trying to get it out. Going to buy a dremel and slice the race to pull it.

Justwondering

Reaction score
very frustrating. What a pain for something that should have been quick and straightforward.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Just caught shrapnel in my right palm too. About 1 inch gash in the fatty part below the pinky finger. wife wants me to get stitches. Got no time to wait for that. Got no time to bleed

Justwondering

Reaction score
I had to chainsaw some young cedars out growing in front of a barn door yesterday. Left foot got tangled in green briar and next thing I knew I'm looking at Sky.

Rubbed the dirt off and finished the job.

my right knee and lower back are screaming at me today. But today is welding day to finish up things for the gate opener and several other small projects. Just keep moving..

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
fag.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yeah, I always get a kick out of that companies name:D
When I was unfortunate enough to be working at an Audi dealer, we had to write the vendor code on the warranty repair orders. They use multiple vendors and want to know which one the parts you replaced came from. Felt kind of wrong having to enter Vendor Code: FAG:eek:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Borrowed my neighbor's Die Grinder and made the rainy day go away
100_4136.JPG

Had to split the race
100_4138.JPG
100_4141.JPG

slant6billy

Reaction score
Die grinder is like a much bigger dremel. 1/4" shank instead of 1/8".
With a whole lot more torque. The Die grinder will walk on you if you are not careful. I still spend 50 minutes working the die grinder with diamond bits. I still need to buy a dremel, since mine died

Back