Blackwalls are gone new Whitewalls are on !!

Master M

Reaction score
I have waited 3 years to get whitewalls on the 5th. The wait was worth it, I think they look great on the car. What was even better is that this is the first time I have mounted and balanced tires myself at home. I know now how off spin balancing can be when kids are doing the work, and the machines may be out of calibration at the local tire stores. I bought a new manual tire changer and bubble balance tool for the cost of having 8 tires mounted and balanced at the local tire store chain, and the car is completely smooth at city and highway speeds. It is a noticeable difference. I took the time and made sure the bubble was dead center before putting the weights on, and double checked each one after I put the weights on. So which tires do you think look better on the car ?

Chrysler 5th whitewalls 7 2 2017.jpg

Chrysler 5th front pass side 10-2014.jpg

Last edited:

lowbudget

Reaction score
I'm a white wall guy. I have a Coats manual motorcycle tire machine that can do car tires and an old bubble balancer I bought when a repair shop closed. I do all my own tire work.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
20 inch wheels (or fill in whatever large size) has ruined whitewalls, in general.

Whitewalls do have my vote, on 5th Ave’s.

Really, anything larger than 15’s just look out of place on an F or M-body (IMO).
BudW

77 LeBaron

Reaction score
White walls on the luxury 5Th Avenue , and black walls on the passenger, service duty, and police model Diplomats ! It does make a big difference like night and day .

Last edited:

Mr C

Reaction score
Nicely done! White walls on 5th Aves ...all the way!

volare 77

Reaction score
white walls on that car looks awesome. not so much on some other cars. good choice

Back