Blinkers and tail lights quit

gwirtel

Reaction score
82 New Yorker. Blinkers and tail lights quit. does not seem to be a fuse, but I hope I am wrong. Is there a fuse that controls just those items, and if so, where is it? If it is not a fuse, any thoughts on what it might be?

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Not sure where on New Yorkers but when multiple lights go out my 1st check is for grounds ...... but I'm no expert on electrical, or anything for that matter ..... lol

jamf

Reaction score
I've had the contacts in my turn signal switch get crusty and cause em not to work. I cleaned em up and they worked fine again.

Ive also had the all the sockets in the back get corroded and none of the rear lights worked.

And as mentioned above, check your grounds.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
Blinkers AND taillights has got to be either; the bulbs, their installation,or the body ground.
A dual filament bulb has a very particular installation orientation.
Single filaments not so much.But the leaded contactors have to be in good condition and clean.
If the front blinkers come on, and the dash indicator lights up, then the front body ground is working , so the problem,exclusive of the above, could be the ground right at the rear sockets.IMP this is the most likely.
Oh yeah, I have seen this problem in the fuse box, where water got into it on the back side and corroded the fuse clips. So even tho the fuses were good, they were not connecting. Heck of a job to clean up.

Back