Bright Door Upper Window Frame Moldings

old yellow 78

Reaction score
On the F body wagons with the "Custom" and "Special Edition" Exterior Packages, "Bright Door Upper Window Frame Moldings" were included. This was a thin chrome molding that covered the edge of the window frame, and also included a wider chrome sill at the bottom of the window. This trim was not included on the base models. Does anybody know how to safely remove and replace these trim pieces without kinking or bending them? According to the 1978 Mopar Parts Catalog, pages 23-443 & 444, the part numbers of the thin trim pieces ("MOULDING, Door Wdo. opng. Frame") are: 4022 052-3, & 056-7, & 056, & 057, & 064-5, and 066-7, and the part numbers of the wider sill trim pieces ("belts") are 3811 794-5, & 3811 796-7. I think these trim pieces are specific for the wagon due to the wagon's back doors being slightly different from the four door sedans. I am trying to gather all the trim pieces that I want to install on OY when (hopefully) I can get it painted this coming summer. Thanks.

89.Fifth

Reaction score
If it's anything like the trim on a 5th Ave you have to fully take apart the door and remove the glass. The sill trim is held on by screws from the inside and the frame molding snaps in.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
00n0n_PaaTpcf1o4_600x450.jpg
Punch numbers in here, see what happens.
https://www.partsvoice.com/
Found 3 of them using this! Thanks, this is a great tool to have. I sent request for pics/price. We'll see what comes of it.
--- Post updated ---
If it's anything like the trim on a 5th Ave you have to fully take apart the door and remove the glass. The sill trim is held on by screws from the inside and the frame molding snaps in.
Hummm, that's not too much of a surprise, but disappointing. I like the look of the chrome window trim which unfortunately OY doesn't have because it's a base wagon. I was hoping to be able to get the trim off of the black Oklahoma Volare that I got the interior out of, but it sounds like too much work for the owner to bother with. That wagon is still just sitting there, and still has a lot of good 65K mile parts on it, including the tilt wheel column, and factory cruise. I should have tried to get the window trim when I was out there last Spring, but was so busy getting all the other stuff in just a few short hours, that I didn't really think about it. I don't know of any F or M locally to take a look at it.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Thanks Marty. I have a lead on a set of them on a wagon that I need to check out. I'll see when I can get to that, and if no good, I might try to gather them from all the sources suggested above. Then again, I have also had some thoughts about leaving it as is - base model. Not much of anything is going to happen until I can make myself some time and unearth OY from it's garage tomb.

Back