SOLD Bucket Seat Interior with seat tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Contact seller
Nice Bucket seats and tracks and rear seat correct for 79-80 will fit all years.$250.00 or BO

101_0498.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The seats are out of a 2-door, 4-door or a station wagon?
(Note: I think the plaid might clash with my solid blue interior).
BudW

DCAspen

Reaction score
I also have a set of black buckets out of a 77 coupe

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I really like that plaid color and pattern for some weird reason. Maybe it's because it is so "70's". It really fits with the F's. The pattern on these buckets seems to be the same material that was used for the "Hillcrest" plaid seats in the wagons. I still haven't had a chance to put my plaid 60/40 seats in OY yet, but I have a question: Does anyone know when they changed the floor hump for the catalytic converter on the F wagons? This may be a problem when I do get around to swapping the seats, because I got the plaid 60/40's out of a '77 Volare wagon, and OY is a '78 wagon. If the change in floor pans happened between '77 and '78, I will have to make some modification to the inner passenger side seat track. Here is an internet pic of what OY should look like when I finally get them installed:
attachment.jpg

Also, in case anyone is interested, there is still NOS plaid material available in this butterscotch color:
77_Volare_0001.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
According to the official part books, the front half of floor pan part numbers are:
1976 F 3791013
1977-78 F 4015614
1979 F 3791013 (went back to a previous number)
1980-81 (no part books to look at).
1982 M
4206424 w/manual transmission, w/o Dual Exhaust (does not come with transmission hump)
4206377 non 4-speed, with single exhaust
4206423 with Dual Exhaust

I do know the difference is the passenger (R/F) seat track, inner section of seat track is the one that is shorter on newer cars. Bench seat tracks (2x) were not affected – only those with 4x seat tracks and only the one (R/F inner) was affected.

Now as to what years you are looking for – me shrugs.
BudW

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
never noticed a cat hump change...I figured the floor pan changes were for the coupe seatbelt mounting change.
76-77 coupe had dual retractors, 78+ just the one in the roof.
The floor had a recess in the rocker area to mount the lower retractor.
60/40 bench seats use the same sliders/seat adjusters as bucket seats.

...hmmm...now I have to go out and compare the 76-7 floor to the 78-up...damn...and its really hot outside...lol

Last edited:

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong. I'm not sure, but for some reason I thought the floor pan on the later F's changed due to a change in the cat. Not sure where I ever got that idea though, I seem to remember having to play around with the inside passenger seat track when I replaced my old '77 Volare bench seat with a '79 Diplomat 60/40. But, that was many years ago, and memory fades. Anybody have any idea?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
My understanding is if bench seat – seat tracks are the same. If bucket (or 60/40 or whatever), then 3 (of 4) seat tracks are the same with the R/F seat inner track being shorter on newer cars – due to increased size of cat hump.

It has been a while sense I had some seat tracks in front of me, to compare.
BudW

PS: Arizona might have a dry heat, but in Oklahoma - that humidity (with the heat) is a killer.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Well, that's about what I thought. Anybody know when this change happened? My 60/40 seats are from a '77, and OY is a '78. If the floor pan change happened between those two years, it looks like I will be making spacers for the one track.

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Well, that's about what I thought. Anybody know when this change happened? My 60/40 seats are from a '77, and OY is a '78. If the floor pan change happened between those two years, it looks like I will be making spacers for the one track.

I know of no floor pan change that would affect seat mounting.
Your 77 seats will bolt right in the 78.
Buckets and 60/40 requires different mounting holes than the bench seat as well as different sliders.
If OY was a bench you'll have to drill the inner holes and add the reinforcement plates...on the top.
The outer seat track holes will likely be there with a plug in them.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I know of no floor pan change that would affect seat mounting.
Your 77 seats will bolt right in the 78.
Buckets and 60/40 requires different mounting holes than the bench seat as well as different sliders.
If OY was a bench you'll have to drill the inner holes and add the reinforcement plates...on the top.
The outer seat track holes will likely be there with a plug in them.
From what I remember, there are "dimples," already reinforced, in the floor pans for the inner tracks of the optional 60/40 and bucket seats. They just need to be drilled out. OY is currently a standard bench seat. I think the outer tracks on the 60/40's bolt right into the bench holes, but maybe not. I don't remember it being a problem when I've done this before many years ago, and don't remember seeing any plugged holes. The inner holes need to be drilled out where the "dimples" are, but whether the passenger side inner track is too short or not remains to be seen. I remember something about the "newer" inner passenger side track being shorter than the "older" track because of the cat. Just not sure when that change happened. I really hope it is a simple job of just drilling and bolting in. The hardest part of this entire thing will be finding the time to FINALLY put them in. I just want to be sure of what I'm getting into before I take the bench and carpet out so I don't wind up running out of time and having no seat at all in OY. o_O

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Dimples should be there, yes.
If it wasnt a factory bucket car the reinforcement plates will not be there. You'll have to fabricate and weld them in (from the top).
Newer/older doesnt matter with the F bodies, they all had cats so they all had the same ps inner track.
The shorter reference doesnt mean the length...its a lower profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back