build a FMJ to race at street outlaws in OK

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
LOL, I don't think this place makes that much money.
Just looking that direction is $50,000 before the real cash comes.

If this place 'does' make that much, I should get a cut for content.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
If I come off sounding disagreeable/hard assed, sorry, not the intent.

The bottom line is that the site is already growing on its own. There have been quite a few members added int he last few months. I don't know if having a site sponsored car would increase the membership all that drastically.

On the other hand, getting sponsorship will be equally difficult. Not that there is anything wrong with the F, M, J bodies (there is a lot very right about these cars, but I am biased0, but the aftermarket has not yet come around to supporting the cars in any meaningful way. There are some suppliers that do make parts for our cars (Firm Feel, Autorust, Schumacher, a few others), but I don't think that the sponsorship dollars would be there to build a competitive car. I am also sure that any vendor would see a larger site (For A Bodies, For B Bodies, etc.) as a better way to spend sponsorship dollars.

As for getting a bank loan for this venture, I don't think, in today's economic climate, that banks will be very inclined to loan out money to build a race car, without serious revenues coming in.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I catch Street outlaws once in a while. Much like other shows it has too much drama added in. Now that the Crow (Big Chief's Lemans) has been wreck I heard he is running a fiberglass funnycar 68 firebird. OK, Much of what these guys run ain't even close to street cars- maybe a few. Big wheel tubs, open pipe zoomies, and full cages. These guys are more like track racers who practice on the street, but compete on the closed track. There are some real fast cars on FMJ. I don't have a car as nice nor as fast as some here, but I take my car out looking for a stumpy stang or fart can import

Back