Carlisle Pa. Chrysler Nationals July 14-16 2023

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Link>>>> Carlisle Events | Schedule
8810A6A1-67A3-4C47-A5FB-D3920C00903E.jpeg
2BC0E0E6-12FC-4308-BF70-1429D5ED64F4.jpeg

Malaise Era Mopars Featured​

Often Overlooked and Underappreciated​

We’re not really fond of the term “malaise” but it’s the accepted term in the hobby, so we’ll go with it. For those who don’t know, “malaise era” generally refers to the mid-‘70s to the mid-‘80s. We’re going to feature some of the coolest Mopars of that era in an indoor display. What are we looking for? Well, it’s a pretty vague term and our criteria is pretty loose to match but some examples would include: Volare/Aspen, Magnum, Cordoba, Mirada, etc. We’ll know it when we see it!

There’s a 1/8 mile track nearby, be sure to stop by Friday night.

Link>>Home - South Mountain Raceway

Last edited:

69-

Reaction score
Great info, thx. Reminds me of starting to plan a trip to the States next year. Either Mopar Nats in Ohio or Chrysler Nats in Carlisle.
:cool:

slant six

Reaction score
I applied to have my '79 Disco wagon in the featured display. Have yet to hear anything yet.

Dr.Go!

Reaction score
I am also awaiting to hear about feature display. I am getting nervous so I may have to see if I can call someone. If they say no, then I would like to see if I can get into the survivor tent display. The date is coming around soon... only 1,000 mile drive one way.

Autostocks

Reaction score
I will be there but the "malaise" Super Coupe will be staying home. Would be more adventure than I care to take on to drive it there, and I don't have a car trailer.

Dr.Go!

Reaction score
I sure would have loved to see that Super Coupe! One of my favorites from the Malaise era. I have no trailer, so I will pound it down the road and hope my old beater stays together.

slant six

Reaction score
No offense, but there are almost always a supercope or 2 every year for the last 10 years, malaise era feature or not.. sometimes they are in Mel Major's survivor tent too, always very nice cars.

Kind of the Hemicuda of F bodies. yes they are rare, but They are also the most admired and well preserved.

D149

Reaction score
What class do you register an M-body in? Pretty sad they have a PT cruiser class but no M/J body class.

1975 up full size rear drive I guess?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
What class do you register an M-body in? Pretty sad they have a PT cruiser class but no M/J body class.

1975 up full size rear drive I guess?

I've always found that sort of thing a bit strange. I never really agree on putting fairly new cars in shows anyway that you can just as easily see on dealer lots or normal parking lots (I'm talking when pt cruisers were new). Now that they're older I'm guessing the number of them in shows have dropped down so they could easily go in a normal fwd class.
Of course I guess they probably get their own class to entice more people to come.

Back