Changing a Volare Wagon to stick

hemichuck

Reaction score
i haven't been on this forum for a while but I have an opportunity to pick up a cheap 76 Volare Wagon and since I've got a couple of bad ass small blocks that need a home it seems like a good choice for a cheap toy. My question is how hard is it to change one of these from automatic to stick? I've converted many A, B, and E bodies but never one of these. Other than the obvious need for a clutch pedal and a floor hump I was trying to figure out if these just bolt in like A bodies or if some welding is involved like on B and E bodies? I already have a blow proof bell housing, an A body 833, a Centeeforce clutch, and an A body Super Shifter which should be the bulk of the hard parts.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Only welding needed is the floor hump, otherwise it's a bolt in operation.
The problem is the carpet. No 4-speed wagon (or 4 door) carpet made. I know there's a solution for it, can't recall exactly what. Think guys take a 4-speed coupe carpet and cut it down so thee's a seam under the front seats(?)

hemichuck

Reaction score
No carpet right now anyway. Floors need some repair, might just spray them with bed liner anyway. Not a show piece by any stretch of the imagination

hemichuck

Reaction score
This car comes with a line lock, headers and exhaust, 9.25 rear with 3.55 sure grip. Brush painted and ugly as sin. I just need something to put a W2 headed 408 in and have some fun. These cars remarkably only weigh around 3300 pounds and I can lighten that a bit

Miradaman

Reaction score
Find a 3speed wagon somewhere. Everything you need except the tranny and shifter.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I have a have dozon a body 4 speeds 500 a pop!
Let me know.

greymouser7

Reaction score
i haven't been on this forum for a while but I have an opportunity to pick up a cheap 76 Volare Wagon and since I've got a couple of bad ass small blocks that need a home it seems like a good choice for a cheap toy. My question is how hard is it to change one of these from automatic to stick? I've converted many A, B, and E bodies but never one of these. Other than the obvious need for a clutch pedal and a floor hump I was trying to figure out if these just bolt in like A bodies or if some welding is involved like on B and E bodies? I already have a blow proof bell housing, an A body 833, a Centeeforce clutch, and an A body Super Shifter which should be the bulk of the hard parts.
I told you the pedals are not the same, and that was the only obstacle, once you have the basic assembly, you can get every thing else. Even the floor hump could pretty much be worked around with a b-body one, would require minor fabrication. the 4 speed carpet ($160)is like he says-up to the back of the front seats, and another four door automatic carpet overlay to the rear seats. walmart has similar square carpet material (sometimes they carry it) that is 10 X10 or more for $20-30 bucks that could be utilized for the back.

I suppose I should upload my photos of the 4 speed assembly here as these guys are more motivated to identify what's left of my floor pedal collection for your car.

greymouser7

Reaction score
image.jpg

greymouser7

Reaction score
hemichuck I sent you a pm on forabodiesonly.com/mopar for pedals and shipping. let me know if you want it, or need to wait and shop because I will be unavailable in a few days

Back