CHANGING K MEMBERS

CM360

Reaction score
Spent some time with an old hot rodder that told me of ways to put motors in cars w/o such a combo. One example was an A body K into a Dodge Daytona(1986). Since an F body is nothing more than a Duster, has anyone tried this? Problems?

Kernel Sanders

Reaction score
I'm sure it's possible but WHY? A LOT of fabrication would be required... too name a few, Abody uses straight torsion bars so you'd need anchors the right distance back under the floor... upper A arms are mounted on the frame rails on an Abody... K on an A is not an isolated deal... WAY too much work for what? lol sorry dont mean to dissuade you but...

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Mopar Performance sold a K-frame to install a “North/South” V-8 into a Daytona, and for it to retain the original Macpherson struts/springs and used an offset steering rack (back in the day).

I had an ’87 Daytona Shelby at the time and had thought about it a few times.
If I had a stock Daytona, I might have bitten the bullet, but the 2.2L Turbo II 5 speed was just too much fun to drive.

Fitting an FMJ K-frame would be a lot easier than to install than a A-body K-frame (or any other K-frame as far as that goes), into, well, anything.

A ‘80’s FWD car would need a lot of work to get anything larger than a V6 in it, because of space (or lack thereof).

Back