Christmas in March!

My imp

Reaction score
After MANY miss fires, I'm going to be receiving my next project! Another Imperial! Been so long, I don't even remember the year! Doesn't matter though, there all the same! Now the cabin fever really sets in! I've ecollected enough parts through the years to get the thing running. Have a complete support plate re-conned in the box, new fuel pump, two parts cars. One of which will get the parts that come with this Imp, to be sold. Two people want it when I get it together. One wants a project, the other wants a painted ready to go car. Not quite turn key, but not far from it. Looking for a new back doctor, AGAIN! Laser Spine Surgical wants me to pay $15,000 out of pocket, after my insurance pays them! WTF! I have Medical Mutual, not some Ginsu plan. And don't blame it on Obama care! Getting anything done, is like pulling teeth! Been that way since before President Obama was even a Senator! Took 2 1/2 years to get my pain pump ok'd. Then another 2 to get it installed. Course the second 2 was because my Dr. couldnt keep away from the alcohol & cocaine! But maybe I can find another good surgeon. The Dr. that did my last one is in his late seventies, I want someone with a younger surer hand rooting' around my spinal cord!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Back pain is second to none.
A semi close second is severe dental pain.

Okay.....let's have some imperial details.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Dad had a nerve stimulator put in his back years ago, and they found that to be causing more problems than it was fixing. Problem is, his doctor that did it retired, and nobody else wants to risk taking it out.

Congrats on the new imperial. Is it at your place?

My imp

Reaction score
Nope, still in transit! Dr. that pulled my stim out is no longer a Dr.. Couldn't keep his nose out of the nose whiskey! Dr. Anton pulls them out, & he's the one who put my pump (inter-thecal pain, NOT penal!)in. He works out of Hillcrest Hospital in the Greater Cleveland area. I just wish I could find a Dr. that could guarantee their work. Yeah right! They call it the practice of medicine for nuthin'! I can spend $15,000 out of pocket for a "maybe" it'll work. Or, I can spend $15,000 out of pocket for a guaranteed garage. Hmmmmm. On one hand, if it works, & fixes my back, I can go back to work & easily make that $15,000 & a whole lot more. On the other, I can get the garage built, then TRY to get through my work somehow (like barter work for parts, or cars). Then again, I could get the surgery, it doesn't work, if I'm lucky, I could end up where I started from. Or worse, they screw up the surgery, & I end up in a wheel chair carrying a dookie and/or piss bag with me for the rest of my life! Can't do a coin toss, they only have 2 sides! lol

My imp

Reaction score
Back pain is second to none.
A semi close second is severe dental pain.

Okay.....let's have some imperial details.

Nope, getting burned on 65% of my body hurt worse, but it healed & went away. Back pain NEVER does! Imp looks great, doesn't run, still has EFI. It was the one that 83Imp was selling as a parts car. Arizona car, no rust, typical. When I get it home, I get to decide which car is to be left pretty much stock-ish, & which one will be done like the drawing I made a little while ago. I have many choices, many parts. I only need a few more. I have a short tail 833, & everything to make that work. I'd rather run a 5 or 6 spd OD. I have an A727A & B for an auto. I'd rather run an auto, whether I run a small or big block. I have an 8.75" /3.55 or 4.30. I wouldn't even think about running the 4.30's w/o an OD trans. I have the column, console, carpet to go floor shift. The only thing I haven't done, is to convert the Imp drivers seat into a 50/50 vs. a 60/40. I have a Mirada power seat to practice on (cut off the extra frame, then sew the existing seat cover to fit the mod.'d seat frame), if it works out, I'll sell that & the passenger seat to someone with a Mirada, so they don't have to go yarding for the seats that came with console Mirada's. I think I may even still have the rear seats as well. The material is faded, & I really don't know what shape it's in. If & when this weather breaks, & I can get someone to get the seats down for me, I'll check!

My imp

Reaction score
If I'm your way this weekend, I'll lend a hand if you need it.

I appreciate it my brother! The illustrious moving co. I chose to move the car has given me neither a day, or time for delivery of the car! All I know , is that the car was loaded & it's trek northward had begun at 7:08 PM EST. Not knowing where on the truck it is, or how many more vehicles need loading, nor any idea what their schedule is, kind of leaves me in a lurch! What a PITA! For the dough, ray, mi they charge, I would think they would be a little more accommodating! They act like we did them such a favor.

My imp

Reaction score
Turns out its Chrirtmas all over again, again! The Cub Cadet roto tiller is finally being delivered. Just in time for springtime gardening & whatnot. This means my other tiller (Cub Cadet also) will be going up for sale! Anyone interested in a thrice used tiller, PM me for spec.'s & prices! Dashing through the snow!!! Towed here by a Chevrolet!!!

Back