WANTED Chrome Pass side racing mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a pass side chrome racing mirror good to excellent condition,no pits and washed out chrome is fine,not looking for NOS just a nice clean part.I have lots of parts for trade. Thanks

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased a pair of new racing mirrors (I call them bullet mirrors – but I think "Racing" is a more correct term) that were not chrome (paint to match), three years ago on eBay for a very reasonable price (total including freight was less than $140 for both – from two different sellers).
In my case, chrome wasn’t wanted. There were a few used and NOS chrome ones for sale then (but that was three years ago, though).
BudW

DCAspen

Reaction score
I have a NOS and used set of painted mirrors,My 77 R/T is coded for chrome ones,the pass door was replaced at sometime in the cars life and no one put the mirror back on,If I can't find a good one I'll go with the painted ones,which I prefer anyway.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
My '78 Aspen T-top came with the duel painted racing mirrors which I unfortunately didn't take off when I also unfortunately junked the car :(. I still very much regret getting rid of it several years ago. I am pretty sure that they were the same exact style mirrors that came on my '70 Challenger RT that I was lucky enough to buy when it was only two years old. VERY regretfully, I also sold that five years later to some stupid kid that trashed it. :eek: Agh! The stuff of nightmares!

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I hadn’t done a direct comparison between them but I do believe the top part (the oval part with glass) may very well be the same as E-body.
The bottom half is not (part that connects the top to door), however. The angle of door mounting is different (by a large amount).
Chrysler made three different versions of the “that style” of mirror for about 10-12 years. The difference between them was the bottom half of mirror and the cable length.

I do not remember which one is which – but if I was to guess, I think:
E-body was by itself
F, M and A-body's, and
B-body was the third type (. . . maybe).

I remember working at a dealer (early ‘80’s) and had a ticket to replace a broken mirror. The part given to me looked weird on the car (because top half was tilted). After interviewing the parts dept. – I found out about the differences.
BudW

marty mopar

Reaction score
1977 F Body mirrors:

3871559 left chrome racing

3871557 right chrome racing

I have 3871559 NOS but they were painted from the factory in the following colors:

graphic red

mocha brown

black

baron red

I have multiples of these, they must have been used on other applications

3861371 is cast on the part...this is the same casting # as 3882073

3882073 is a left chrome racing mirror for 1975 X,S,R,W bodies (R,W is the PLY and Dodge B Body and X,S is the Charger and Cordoba)

the casting # is typically on the base so the bases could be identical but the mirrors may not be the same on these 2 part #s

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Marty!
I just added a pair of painted mirrors onto my growing list of parts I need to get from you.

Attached is PDF copies from my ’77 and ’79 Factory Part Manuals (below),

FYI:
H & N - F-bodies (Aspen and Volare)
F & G - M-bodies (Diplomat and Lebaron) – which usually has a rectangular mirror.
R & W - 4-door B-bodies (last year was ’78)
X & S - 2-door B-bodies (as mentioned in PDF’s, below)
22 or 29 refers to 2-doors
41 or 45 refers to 4-doors (sedans or wagons)
BudW

Attachments

• 77 PM pg 23-256.pdf
    201.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 77 PM pg 23-257.pdf
    147 KB · Views: 329
  • 77 PM pg 23-258.pdf
    206.8 KB · Views: 327
  • 79 PM pg 23-262.pdf
    197.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 79 PM pg 23-263.pdf
    160.7 KB · Views: 342