Conflicting information on the inter-web. Yest its true!

PLY478

Reaction score
What group size battery are you running in your F-Body with the Thermogaurd Cover?

PLY478

Aspen500

Reaction score
If it's on the internet, it must be true. Bonjour!

Seems the battery group must be classified information. I looked in the service manual and owners manual and neither even mentions it. I don't have a Thermoguard but the battery is roughly 12"L x 7" W x 7"H. IIRC it isn't tall enough for the Thermoguard (about an inch too short) to hold it down plus it has recessed posts. What I wanted was an external vent tube to vent acid fumes under the car vs under the hood. I THINK it's a group 48. Doesn't really answer your question though.:(

If it helps, I found this chart with dimensions per group. Height includes posts. Maximum Outside Dimension Chart for Automotive Batteries

DSCF0008.JPG

Last edited:

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Group 34. but they are pretty forgiving. The problem I've had with the covers is the caps on the battery aren't always in the same spot and my cover any way was made for the older batteries with round caps. I ended up cutting the middle of the cover out to fit better, or you can get the kind with recessed caps.
Group 24 should work too.

Back