Cooking battery

JGC403

Reaction score
Anyone else have heard of this problem? My Uncle says its because of the headers he has on the car. What the solution? He wants to get ceramic coated headers eventually. But what would work for now? I was thinking some battery insulation, would it be enough?

Trying to get the car going so I can finish up the fender extensions.

JGC403

Reaction score
Alright thanks. What does it look like?

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
1 I had was a light yellowish cover that went over the entire top of the battery with just enough openning for the battery caps & posts to stick through.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
What problems are you having? Might be heat soak on your starter. Make a heat shield for your starter if you have hot start problems.

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
If you got a good parts store relationship, have them keep an eye out for one of the insulation wraps that go around the battery on one of the cores. Most people just toss them when they get a new battery.

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Are you sure its heat soak and not an overcharging issue? Ive had one boil like crazy and found out it was alternator charging at 18v.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Are you sure its heat soak and not an overcharging issue? Ive had one boil like crazy and found out it was alternator charging at 18v.

X2
Check battery voltage at idle and reving the engine at 3000 rpms. Should be around 14v. Maybe a bad voltage regulator?

JGC403

Reaction score
All right thanks. I'll check that out on Saturday.

Back