Corinthian Edition Medallion 1981-82 Cordoba

marty mopar

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of these. Has anyone ever seen one of these cars with this roof medallion? I have not that I can remember.

001_6.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Wonder where they came up with that name as there's no such thing as Corinthian leather.

Looked around some online trying to find a picture of the medallion on a car,,,,,,,,,,found nothing.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
The drivers 1/4 window on Modoba says corinthian edition in gold letters. I think maybe it was replaced at some point,

Justwondering

Reaction score
Page 904 of this book:
[h=1]American Cars, 1973-1980: Every Model, Year by Year[/h] By J. Kelly Flory, Jr.

Says:
IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
Oh my lord -- compubert --- I LOVE the link. I started reading, thought it was off topic, went back to the top, re-read to the middle then more then to the punch line at the end for the town of Corinth, Mississippi.... Laughed out loud.

Reminds me of Carl Sagan and "Connections".

Can't wait to use this to win a bar bet.

compubert

Reaction score
I always thought it was Italian leather but who knows. . . maybe this is valid? :)

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The city-state of Corinth of ancient times was in Greece, not far from the modern day Athens, not in Italy. As far as I know, the original Corinth was not particularly know for leather. The one in Mississipi is.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
The city-state of Corinth of ancient times was in Greece, not far from the modern day Athens, not in Italy. As far as I know, the original Corinth was not particularly know for leather. The one in Mississipi is.
Then wouldn't 'Mississippi Queen' be a better promotion than a greek guy?

marty mopar

Reaction score
4229462 25.85 each Maybe you can punch holes in that rich leather and bang a bunch of these into the seat back so you've got "buttons" in your seat back. That way at car shows you can freak out the judges and the locals who stare into the Corinthian bogey man that lives on in TV land. Ricardo is the man....he will live forever or longer.

Back