Cruise In

Aspen500

Reaction score
Didn't know quite where to put this one so, good a place as any.
Found this video of last years Cruise-In in Wisconsin Rapids (let you guess what state it's in, lol). It's a medium size city (maybe 30,000 pop.) about 40 miles from where I live near Wausau. I' ve been there a couple times but last year the fates said no.

It has got to be the best organized, flawlessly run cruise in that ever was. Every intersection is controlled by either a Police officer or and official so the cruise doesn't get broken up. The whole thing from start to finish runs like a well oiled machine,,,,,,,,,,just plain perfectly. It shows too, average car count is 700-800.

The first part of the video is the cars pulling into the starting point at Lincoln High School. The 2nd part is a condensed and sped up version of the cruise route which totals 20 miles roughly. I think the coolest part is how almost the entire route is lined with spectators. That would never happen here in the Wausau area, guaranteed. Moot point since there aren't any organized cruises in this city anyways. Probably wouldn't work here,,,,,too much traffic 24/7, it never stops.

The cruise ends in a very nice park where there's a band, food, and just a general good time.

There's always a good variety, something for everyone. Of course being it's put on by Corvette's of the North car club, there's an abundance of "vette's but, what are you going to do? :)

I WILL be there this year. I just have to!

https://youtu.be/ROe7EH9Mi8s

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well it's a year later,,,,,,,,,,already. Hoping for nice weather for the cruise and that the Jupiter lines up with Mars, the fates are in a good mood and so on. All I really need to do is change the right t-bar pivot bushing and good to go. Could take it as is also, clunks over cracks and expansion joints. Darn things only a couple years old and MAYBE 500 miles at the most. Split wide open so the bar is loose in the hole just enough to clunk. Firm Feel urethane ones on order so it'll all be good!

I HAVE to be there this year, I just have to :)

Also just preregistered for a local car show. It's down in Kronenwetter (SE suburb basically) and the show is only 10-15 minute drive from home. Not until Sept 26th. No hurry to get that close to winter so I can wait!

Aspen500

Reaction score
This cruise is coming up again on Saturday August 6th. Really hope nothing prevents me from getting there, like last year. Circumstances beyond my control did it in 2015. Basically a loser criminal in a stolen Ferrari F550 being chased down the interstate, crashed, died, block the freeway for an hour and then it was too late to make it to the cruise. That was after my "avoid the freeway as much as possible" route was no good due to construction and the sign that said "loose gravel next 7 miles".

Please, no road construction, no criminal activity, no bad weather. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

The other one I mentioned in the last post (Kronenwetter show) was canceled by a loser criminal. Armed and dangerous murder suspect on the run so there was a perimeter around the whole area. Stupid, useless, waste of DNA criminals. Man do they piss me off.:mad:

BTW, they caught the guy. He fired at Police, they fired back and there was no trial needed, if you know what I mean.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sorry, no pictures because I didn't go:(
When I got up this morning, felt a little funky but nothing bad. By mid afternoon it was like all the life force had been sucked right out of my body. Feeling somewhat better now but it just figures. If I didn't have bad luck..............................:mad:

Aspen500

Reaction score
The way I felt was the same as I remember from the last time I ever drank about 32 years ago. A buddy and I got WASTED one night (over what else,,,,,,women) and the next day,,,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,,,I had to go to the Tech College for my oral exam on auto trans. Barely made it through (passed though), got back home and died. Told myself "NEVER AGAIN" and I didn't. That's how I felt and am bummed about missing the cruise-in big time. Figures, feel fine (or at least OK) for months and then the exact day there's something you're really looking forward to, sicker than a dog.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I've really cut back on car shows and cruise nights.
Never any parts for me, but still out for admission, gas, expenses, when I could just buy parts off the net.

I might go to the local Crappy Tire cruise night today as a spectator to check out the 350's and crappy welds owned by d!ckheads.
Every Sunday it's a mile away from me, but 'been there, done that'

Aspen500

Reaction score
The cruise I missed is the biggest one in Wisconsin and is organized and run excellent. With about 800 cars it could be a mess but isn't. Runs like clockwork. Cool part is how it seems half the population of Wisconsin Rapids is sitting in lawn chairs along the cruise route waving and watching. Almost the entire route is lined on both sides with people and the cars that have to wait at intersections while all 800 cars go by don't seem to mind either. There's also never any trouble makers driving like idiots, doing burnouts, etc. That kind of thing can get an annual cruise canceled fast. I can't see that happening here in the Wausau metro area at all. Actually it could never happen and that's one reason any organized cruise around here isn't annual. There was a couple a few years ago but were never repeated for a second year. Basically they were both disasters. Started late, the routes sucked, cruise got all broken up at traffic signals, etc. and just plain were not enjoyable at all. There's just too much traffic all the time to make it possible and too many pricks on the road. Rapids is about 30,000 people and is a different feeling kind of city. The Wausau area is roughly 110,000 and you just hate to have to go out anywhere, driving anything. You know what I'm getting at...............

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Mopar Nations is next week end, in wonderful Columbus, Ohio. After a 16 year hiatus, I got to go last year. Was planning on going again this year, and then found out from my buddy who owns the DJ service with me that he received a call for us to do a huge High School reunion this coming Saturday. This was the day he, and I were planning to go to the "Nats".

With set up, the event, and tear down my old body will be spent all day on Sunday, and I do not want to go on Saturday knowing I will need all of my energy to work that night. So no "Nats" for me again this year.

Of course we have no additional DJ events scheduled until October. ;)

Back