Custom Marker lights

slant6billy

Reaction score
Still think 68 round are the best. However, what about this?

IMG_1926.JPG
IMG_1927.JPG

slant6billy

Reaction score
I'm going to shave more off the mounting surface to flush them up more

Aspen500

Reaction score
When I was 4 years old and we went to pick up the new car ('68 Coronet) I vividly remember thinking those lights were the neatest thing. It was also the first year cars had side markers period. When it came time to choose ones for the Aspen to replace the (IMO) tacked on generic lights, there was no debate!

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest, I never have liked the F-body style marker lamps, when they came out in ’71, (I think?).
The ‘68’s I like, the ‘69’s were OK and the ’71 B-body style I also think is cool.

FYI:
1968 style (lamps)
68 Markers.jpg

1969 style (peel and stick-on reflectors)
69 Marker B.jpg

69 Marker A.jpg

1971 Road Runner (lamp)
71 Marker.jpg

A poor example - but looks nice on car (if in better condition than above).
All pics swiped from eBay.

If I was going to do a major rework of sheet metal on a car (and/or fiberglass), I might consider changing the lights – but if not, I’m too lazy to do any extra work . . .
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's what I used (repops). They came from Trim Parts and are absolutely flawless. Good chance the originals were never as nice.
There were some nice ones at first, starting in '68 and continuing to the '70/'71 Barracuda, '70/'71 Challenger, and many others. Then in '72 they went to the "corporate" side markers on many models. Of course, some models still had their own "integrated" markers (my '78 Cordoba had nice looking side markers, I still miss that car 20 years later.........). They also used them on the front of trucks up until '93 (I think). Never cared for them at all. They just look like a cheap, tacked on after thought. JMO.

Back