De-Evolution

Justwondering

Reaction score
I had one of my trips into the big city which is a 114 mile trip each way.

Course my Chevy truck ran through most of a tank of gas, so before I left my local town I stopped to fill up. I noticed that my usual go-to place had gas 9 cents higher than the little mom-and-pop shop. So I drive over there and stop.

You are supposed to pay at the counter first, but those of us who come there often (and no doubt cause I look more like someone's grandma instead of a gang banger), I just stand looking at the window and raise my hand. Mohammed running the counter recognizes me and starts up the pump.

Life is good.

As I stand there waiting for the tank to fill and marveling in what a pretty day it was, I notice a white car drive up-- new -- clean.... yep yep... its a brand new chevy mustang (camaro). You know they all look alike anyway.

Skippy gets out of the car. No, I don't know the guy, but he looks like a Skippy. Wearing shorts, flip-flops, a black t-shirt, and a golfer's visor. Its 92 degrees and sun is blazing, but Skippy is looking totally grand while frying his brain (if you can't afford a decent western hat for gosh sakes get a ball cap).

Inside he goes, returning with a bright yellow soda pop. Its in a longneck bottle like beers are usually sold, but this is a bright yellow soda pop. Skippy gets in the car and carefully backs out, turns around, and gets to the edge of he parking lot. Then he stops.

Opens the door, gets out and is holding his soda pop. Walks over to the fence (rail fence) and doing a very poor Chuck Norris imitation, takes that bottle and rakes it against the top fence rail trying to get the top off.

Sigh...

Six (6) attempts and he can't get the top off.
Gets back in the car and sits there for about 1 minute before he drives off.
Maybe he had a church key in the car. Maybe he levered it off with his seat belt connector, who knows...

Skippy ... our future community leader.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Most things if not all here are twist top.
I haven't used a bottle opener in a lot of yrs.
When I was young, a bottle opener was standard equipment you carried.

WORSE is the news that they are taking analog dial clocks out of schools and replacing them with digital-because.......KIDS DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ A CLOCK!

Now only if there was a place where clock reading could be taught.
Some sort of building where young people could go to learn these things.
If Only.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Hey, my 7 year old grandson has been able to tell time on analog clock for two and a half years because his Papa thought him. That place is home!

Back