Decent Deal! 76-79 Dodge Aspen Front Left/Right Brake Hoses $7.20 Shipped

Ads on other Sites

1. XfbodyX

XfbodyX Well-Known Member

2. volare 77

volare 77 Well-Known Member

I would worry about the aging of the rubber even though old rubber is probably better then the China junk. LOL I have some NOS hoses that I am 50-50 on whether to use them or not.

3. XfbodyX

Yea, kinda a crapshoot. But id bet the ones even at autozone were not made recently.

I see it as a 7.20 roll of the dice vs $50 or $100

nos mopar brake hoses | eBay

4. Aspen500

Aspen500 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, my car knows the results of a failed brake hose. Next noise you hear is,,,,,,CRUNCH, a fan grinding through a radiator, the smell of hot coolant and then the car on a flatbed tow truck for the ride home:(. (Happened way back in 1989).
    When I did the big build between 2002 and 2012, the brake hoses came from NAPA and they actually said "Made in USA".:)

5. XfbodyX

Id figure id post on what I ended up with.

On the left is the last set I bought with a order from Rock Auto, not sure what I paid. Boxed Wagner made in mexico in 97.

The two sets on the right are what I got in the ebay listing, Guardian by Wagner with the same PN as the Wagner, also made in mexico in 97.

They seem soft and pliable, maybe even a bit more then the set from Rock Auto.

A crap shoot for sure, but short of buying braided lines I dont know what one would do. I do wonder what one from autozone would be dated.

Im more troubled by the NOS rear I got today thats dated 83 (In the mopar envelope) and is very stiff and rigid, probably a $31 mistake.

Thats all.

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00009.JPG

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 1:07 PM