Decoding a Broadcast Sheet

Larry Hoehler

Reaction score
Does anyone have info or a source for decoding a 1977 Broadcast Sheet? I'd like to know a few of the specifics that do not come up on the back side of the Sheet.
Thank you

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Take a picture of the fender tag and/or write down all of the numbers/letters as displayed, and post here.
I have a majority of the codes on hand.

Not aware of a site that has the data published somewhere - like the older Chrysler products have.
BudW

Larry Hoehler

Reaction score
Thanks Bud, here's the tag. I've got the tag info decoded, but there are some items on the broadcast sheet that are not on the back index guide.

Aspen 12.jpg

DCAspen

Reaction score
Do you have a photo of the broadcast sheet?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I looked up "back index guide
there are some items on the broadcast sheet that are not on the back index guide.
and only found Back Pain. Can you elaborate on what (or where) this is?

Your Fender Tag (for what of it I could read):
N37 – Catalytic Exhaust System
N95 – California Emission Controls
R11 – AM Radio
?
?
M21 – Drip Trough Moldings
M26 – Wheel Lip Molding (Type 1)
M31 – Belt Moldings – Doors/Quarters (Doors only, in your case)
M43 – Grill Surround Molding
?
?
MV1 – Upper body paint code – Spitfire Orange
B4? – I believe this to be a B41 = Power front disk brakes / rear drum brakes
?
?
MV1 – Lower body paint code – Spitfire Orange
B2L3 – Bench Seat, Light Parchment (color)
000 – special interior paint (none, in this case)
C26? – December 26 1976 (can’t make out, so might be wrong)
?
E44 – 318 2-bbl
D32 – A998 Automatic Transmission

N – Aspen
L – Low Price Class
45 2-Row seat, Station Wagon
G – 318 2-bbl
7 - 1977
G – Built in St. Louis
?

BudW

volare 77

Reaction score
I have yet to find a broadcast sheet in a F body. They must not have put them in all of the F bodies.

DCAspen

Reaction score
I have one out of a 76 Volare Premier stashed away somewhere

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a forum member here who has a ’79 Lebaron in Denmark, who found a complete broadcast sheet in trunk under the mat. A picture of it is on thread https://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/classicmopar/threads/lean-burn-scc-trouble.6386/page-2 post # 33.

There is a small triangle of a sheet I found under the dash pad on my ’77 Volare wagon. It was taped at an angle and you can tell they ripped the sheet, leaving the tape and remaining triangle when done.

I’ve heard that Chrysler quit leaving the sheets in cars, in the mid ‘70’s, because of the potential fire hazard – but still used sheets for a long time afterwards. What I heard makes sense – sense I rarely see them in the newer cars – but no proof that is what actually happened (or why).

The most (intact) broadcast sheets I have found in a car was 7, and that was in a ’72 model.
BudW

volare 77

Reaction score
ok, that explains it. I had 5 f bodies over the years and i haven`t found one yet.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Early 80's late 70's they went from broadcast sheets to bingo sheets and were only good for your section of assembly, we were getting older and needed larger print .. I can only speak for trim assembly but you would of need a binder to hold all the bingo sheets that were used .. broadcast sheets were folded and put in the glove box .. why they were never found ?? no idea.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
F-s were getting the "Bingo" sheets and some BC sheets as early as the most early 76s. Some bingo sheets got left on the floor with the build sheets prior to carpet.

DSC09879.JPG

69-

Reaction score
Broadcast sheets were supposed to be removed even before the 70's, but some factory's workers let slip a bit more than others. I'm not quite sure which plant did it which way. But for some plants you'll hardly find any broadcast sheet in a car.

Anyway. Post the broadcast sheet and we'll do what we can. I have a full broadcast sheet of my 69 Charger (no legend on the rear) and one in mint condition of my 79 LeBaron (with legend). In addition, I have some access to a friends collection of option tags.

And, trivia - first metall of that specific car was always the fender tag, cause it shows the essentials for the body work (like holes for mouldings, number of doors, required firewall holes, body color, roof and such :) ).

Aspen500

Reaction score
The OP only posted on this site 4 times. Last one was Nov 7, 2017.

Anyways, I'd never heard of bingo sheets but see how they got to be called that.

Back