directional switch

mopops

Reaction score
have 82 mirada with bad directional switch -non tild -no cornering lights what kind of tools n what kind of job is this? anyone done this? thanks geo

Aspen500

Reaction score
You will need a steering wheel puller and a lock plate removal tool. It presses the lock plate down so you can remover the snap ring that holds it to the shaft. Then it's a matter of three(?) small screws which may be hex head or phillips and the one that holds the signal lever to the switch. Also need to remove the hazard flasher knob (small phillips screw) It's not a bad job to do.

Lock plate tool:
lock.jpe

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I have seen folks have bad luck with this project if they install an after-market switch unit. This is a part that is best to get direct from Momma Mopar if it is still available.

Justwondering

Reaction score
ahhh
Thanks 7T8 ... there is so much I don't know, I just figured it was shorthand for some part.

JW

mopops

Reaction score
started this job today and you don't need a lock tool just puller - phillips -1/4" nut driver hardest part is getting plug up through i cut old one off and pulled the new plug apart. if i did this again it would probably take about 45 minutes

Back