Does this seem right?

Ele115

Reaction score
Look at the orange needle. Would you consider it OK? I have an NOS replacement, just don't know it it's worth bothering with
Fuel gauge.jpg

Darth-Car

Reaction score
That actually does not look bad. I have seen them faded to yellow, and white. The ones that are really frightening are the ones in heavy smoker's cars. The silver backing in the gauges was like a magnet for the nicotine, and it would turn a goldish yellow over the years.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Quick swipe with an orange flourescent marker should make it look new again

Aspen500

Reaction score
Maybe only an illusion with the photo but, to me it looks like the needle is bent out of place to the left(?)

Ele115

Reaction score
Right near the top, I think it's got a bend towards "hot"
The one next to it is perfectly straight

Aspen500

Reaction score
Right near the top, I think it's got a bend towards "hot"
The one next to it is perfectly straight
That's what I thought, but you know how things can look different in photo's vs in person.
You probably could pull the gauge out and straighten the needle and all the gauges would still match. What I mean is, the NOS gauge needle won't be faded at all.

Ele115

Reaction score
I may do that. It's only got 6000 miles on it. It really doesn't "need" to go in the trash. It's just the first time I have ever seen that. They bend quite easily so I'm sure it just got a slight kink in it when the gauge was assembled and nobody noticed. It's right at the top where one might not see it if you were doing 500 of these in an 8 hour shift

Back