WANTED Domes and caps for Mirada wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

got job

Reaction score
Contact seller
I need at least 1 dome and 4 caps for a set of wheels I have bought. Also need to know what type of lug nuts these wheels use.
Thanks
Ricky

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I can’t help on locating parts, other than nuts.
10spk Wheel A.JPG

10spk Wheel B.JPG

This eBay ad has what I would use on aluminum wheels. Matter of fact, I have a couple of sets already, for my snowflakes (I hadn’t come across any 5 or 10 spoke wheels, yet - so I'm still on the hunt).
They are ½”-20 and will stick out a tad longer than the OE nuts will. They are from ’91-03 aluminum Dakota wheels, but I can't find a part number that looks like them.
MOPAR Rallye / Magnum 500 Wheel Lug Nuts IMPROVED Cuda Challenger Charger Dart | eBay

(24) Bulge Chrome 1/2" Acorn Lug Nuts | for 6-Lug Dodge Viper Dakota Durango | eBay
(A better deal)

The above nuts are better than this design, which is what my auto parts store has.
Lug nut A.JPG

If you locate “Bulge” nuts, be sure to look for “Chrome” and don’t get ones that say “Stainless”.

Stainless has the thin metal caps on end of nuts that have a tendency to look bad over time as well as falling off (the thin cap, not the nut).

If you find one of the above Chrome nuts somewhere – let me know (for I want to know).
BudW

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the lug nuts are 1/2" X 20. One supplier of chrome bulge lug nuts is McGard, although there are many others, I am sure. The McGard lug nuts are not cheap, but they tend to stay rust free' I have ordered )for other vehicles) chrome lug nuts that snowed rusting after a while, even though they claimed "triple plated"/"highest quality"/"lifetime warranty against defects" and so on.McGard makes both the closed end and open end lug nuts, in both cone and bulge seat styles.

got job

Reaction score
Thanks, I ordered some from the e-bay link from Rick's Mopars. Have you or anyone you know found another dome cap to use for these wheels? Vintage Parts wants $71.67 each for NOS domes. My car and wheels don't require that.
Ricky

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Put the dome part number in parts voice (dot com). The domes were used on several wheels and are easy to find. The caps are MUCH harder to find. Again, try parts-voice. Also, put the part numbers directly in eBay as a search -- they do come up from time to time. I believe I have two caps, both NOS. I don't really want to part with them; but will if you can find only two else-place, and need two more. Happy hunting!

got job

Reaction score
Don't find the item #. I have been looking at center caps on e-bay and wondering if anyone has tried the new model wheel centers. Most are 63mm which is a little bigger than the dome openings. Lots of caps available.

got job

Reaction score
I made my own center caps with the dome and a hubcap medallion. I still need some good domes if anyone has some that are not too pitted. The medallions are from 68-69 Charger 14" hubcaps.
Thanks
Ricky

IMG_1767.JPG

View attachment 19193

IMG_1769.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back