Door cart removal..

• Thread starter Deleted member 1959
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1959

Hi Guys

I want to adjust the passenger door on My LeBaron and need to take it off the car to get to the hinges bolted to the chassis since the door needs to move 3mm forward.

The bolts on the door seems to be screwed into a loose metal plate inside the door. So I guess I need to remove the door cart to be able to retrieve the plates which will inevitably fall into the door frame when I take the bolts out.

So unless someone has a trick to keep the plates in place while the door is unbolted, I need to remove the door cart.
Should be an easy job, but I can only remove the allen bolt in the window winder and one screw in the front of the armrest near the handle. No idea how to remove the strap or the back end of the armrest without breaking something.

All help appreciated :)

Door cart.JPG

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Shouldnt need to remove the door panel/card.
The plates are loose but will not fall when bolts are removed. They are held in place by metal tabs.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
My ’77 FSM had Zip, Zero, Nada on how to adjust doors on an F or M-body.

It did have procedures on a B-body and C-body that may be helpful (not exactly the same but close enough).

Note: on a 2-door, you may have to adjust the door glass after door adjustment, possibly – and that will require door trim panel removal to do.

B-body door adjustment procedures:
77 Bbody Door Adjustment 1.JPG

77 Bbody Door Adjustment 2.JPG

77 Bbody Door Adjustment 3.JPG

77 Bbody Door Adjustment 4.JPG

77 Bbody Door Adjustment 5.JPG

77 Bbody Door Adjustment 6.JPG

77 Bbody Door Adjustment 7.JPG

C-body door adjustment procedures:
77 Cbody Door Adjustment 1.JPG

77 Cbody Door Adjustment 2.JPG

77 Cbody Door Adjustment 3.JPG

BudW

D

Deleted member 1959

Thanks for the info and drawing Bud - much appreciated :)

Back