Driver's fender fusible links

Duke5A

Reaction score
Anyone know what these are for? I'm trying to clean up wiring right now and I'm thinking of cutting these out and moving them into a fuse block. Thanks.

20180604_212805.jpg

volare 77

Reaction score
It is my understanding that a fusible link would be less prone to blowing during a surge or voltage spike in the electrical circuit vs a fuse.

Duke5A

Reaction score
It is my understanding that a fusible link would be less prone to blowing during a surge or voltage spike in the electrical circuit vs a fuse.

You can get fast and slow blow fuses. I'm wondering if anything in this mess could even be chopped out.

volare 77

Reaction score
How would you know what the correct fuse would be for each circuit? As far as completely removing the wire then I would say no unless you are eliminating stuff. Exactly where they go to i don`t know without tracing and looking at a wiring diagram. If you are replacing them with regular wire and fuse block and adding fuses I don`t see much to gain looks wise. My guess would be starting, charging and headlights wiring.

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
BTW, If you just want to hide the wires then I have seen where someone had run the wires on the underside of the fender well.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I've seen guys run the harness underneath before on these cars before, but I'm not really sure I like that. I'm already adding a fuse block at that location for my amp and MSD, so I thought I would move everything over to it.

Back