Duster Dreamer

mycroftdp

Reaction score
Howdy group. I am here from Nova Scotia and have a project for my wife. It is her first car and she bought it from her father 30+ years ago. It is a 1979 F body duster.
Being northern and coastal didn't help her baby...we have
salt air and salt on the roads.
I is a huge project, but far too sentimental to let it go. We have most of the body panels we need, but are looking for a few more parts.
I am not sure where to start on here or where to post requests yet, so I hope it ok to ask here. Right now we are looking for the rear floor pans under the seat and at least the drivers side rear frame rail. The bottom of the pillars at the back of the doors too would be great too.
Thanks all !!

Screenshot_20210702-074432_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210702-074257_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210702-073658_Facebook.jpg

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Yeah...I totally see the appeal of wanting to restore that beauty!!!

Welcome to the site.

Looks like you were able to do some work up-front? I'm thinking the front frame-rails look like caps have been installed on them? Or was that a direct replacement?

Either way, I know of no one out there that is reproducing the floor pans. Your best bet would be to score a parts car that has these, or basically find someone down south that is parting a car that would be willing to free these up.

Beyond that, your only bet is to fab these I'm afraid?

mycroftdp

Reaction score
Yeah...I totally see the appeal of wanting to restore that beauty!!!

Welcome to the site.

Looks like you were able to do some work up-front? I'm thinking the front frame-rails look like caps have been installed on them? Or was that a direct replacement?

Either way, I know of no one out there that is reproducing the floor pans. Your best bet would be to score a parts car that has these, or basically find someone down south that is parting a car that would be willing to free these up.

Beyond that, your only bet is to fab these I'm afraid?
Thank you the front frame rails for complete replacements. I do have a planisher but I would prefer to find some floor pans.

Kramer79

Reaction score
Sentimental value can be the best investment! We have all spent too much on random cars, but when they mean something you don’t have to add up every nut and bolt in the end to determine if it was “worth it”

mycroftdp

Reaction score
Thank you. It is awesome when people get it. It is so easy to say scrap it, but I keep thinking of the look on my wife's face when she will finally get to drive it out of the garage.

Back